Do you wear pads for XC

2»

Comments

• simonp123
    simonp123 Posts: 490
    al2098 wrote:
    I figure you got the wrong subforum. Shouldn't this question be in the 'Women' forum?
    Aren't pads for pu$$ies?

I presume that also applies to hospital beds, plaster casts, stitches etc?
    Speaking of the wrong subforum, shouldn't this post be in the caveman forum? :lol:
  • al2098
    al2098 Posts: 174
    Speaking of the wrong subforum, shouldn't this post be in the caveman forum?
    Point taken.
    My attempts at humour have once again been quashed into the socially unacceptable bin,,.. :roll:
  • simonp123
    simonp123 Posts: 490
    al2098 wrote:
    Speaking of the wrong subforum, shouldn't this post be in the caveman forum?
    Point taken.
    My attempts at humour have once again been quashed into the socially unacceptable bin,,.. :roll:

Ah, sorry, mistook attempted humor for the usual internet forum trolling :wink:
  • hunta
    hunta Posts: 35
    Another one here who favours the G-Form gel pads.
    http://www.g-formuk.com/

I didn't wear anything (not much in the way of hills round where I am so thought I was safe) then obviously came off anyway. Broker a finger, and left knee was pretty scuffed up and sore for weeks. Love the gel pads - very comfortable so you forget you're wearing them, and they harden on impact.

They don't claim to be a replacement for full DH pads, but if it means you'll pull them on rather than not bother they're better than nothing.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    hunta wrote:
    Another one here who favours the G-Form gel pads.
    http://www.g-formuk.com/

I didn't wear anything (not much in the way of hills round where I am so thought I was safe) then obviously came off anyway. Broker a finger, and left knee was pretty scuffed up and sore for weeks. Love the gel pads - very comfortable so you forget you're wearing them, and they harden on impact.

They don't claim to be a replacement for full DH pads, but if it means you'll pull them on rather than not bother they're better than nothing.
    I use these, they've been fantastic so far. Unlike the kyle straits they don't die in the wash either!
  • baxboy
    baxboy Posts: 19
    If you don't wear knee pads then get some!.
    I didn't wear any until I had my first big off on Wednesday and battered my left knee on sharp rocks.
    Have been doing the same trails twice a week since December.

Touch wood it only seems bruised and gashed.(lucky to miss the knee cap by an inch)

Dont learn the hard way like me people :oops:
  • tenfoot
    tenfoot Posts: 226
    I've never worn any type of pads but am shortly due for a trip to Afan. I've concluded that some sort of protection will be necessary, as it's pretty rocky, and will definitely get some knee pads.

I'm on a bit of a budget so am I better spending my cash on decent knee pads and maybe skimping a bit with cheaper elbow pads?