Enthusiasm overriding common sense

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Not an unusual state of affairs for me I have to admit

I knew it was going to be a glorious day today, so I got the Madone ready for riding this morning. This means wearing my ultra-lightweight spd-sl shoes which is not a problem as it's going to be warm, right? Right???

1C when I woke up this morning...

but the Madone's all set up, and I want to ride it and it's lovely and sunny, and Ohhhhh.... Fog.

Looks at rucksack, looks at Pannier - wanders into Garage: looks at Madone, looks at Tricross.

Looks at outside temp: 1.1C :shock:

Realises Tricross with MW80s is the sensible choice and I really should just get on it and go.

Looks at rucksack, looks at pannier...

Two pairs of socks should be fine, yeah - no probs, I'll be good.
I think I'm missing some toes :?

Oh, and there was a headwind. A cold one. Still - it'll be a storming ride home... please?
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    At least you won't be over-dressed for the ride back.
    spare socks down the bibs for comfort and intimidating passers-by?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It's the clocks moving forward.

It'll be nice & toasty this afternoon :)

I wore 3/4s in and will be wearing shorts out :).
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I bloody overslept this morning....I NEVER oversleep. This clock thing really burns my buns.

Since we don't need daylight saving time down south, and since Scotland may devolve, I can see a situation where we have a timezone line running just north of Carlisle.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • SimonAH wrote:
    I can see a situation where we have a timezone line running just north of Carlisle.

Quite right, and when you travel north of the line you would go back about 30 years :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    SimonAH wrote:
    Since we don't need daylight saving time down south, and since Scotland may devolve, I can see a situation where we have a timezone line running just north of Carlisle.
    +1.

I heard the forecasters say it was going to be a lovely week ... so I had SS top, shorts and fingerless gloves ... I added a base layer T and arm warmers when I saw the frost outside ... 0.1C! ... I now know why they're called fingerless gloves. ;)
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    bleeding cold here this morning - 1C with god knows what chill factor an on the old "chubby digits"

i started in shorts an baselayer an had to stop to put on a softshell jacket that i had in my bag

looking forward to the trip home
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Left early as I had an extended commute to ride with the boy to school before heading into work. I put an extra layer on for the early start / low speed combination. After I left him I upped the pace forgetting I had the extra layer on, soon got too hot as I used up some energy so had to stop and disrobe a little.
    As already said should be a lovely ride home. Have to take it easy through Bushy Park as every man, dog, woman and child will be wandering about without a care in the world. The dogs seem particularly excited by the good weather and are even more unpredictable, but they look so happy.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Have to take it easy through Bushy Park as every man, dog, woman and child will be wandering about without a care in the world. The dogs seem particularly excited by the good weather and are even more unpredictable, but they look so happy.

Fenton!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Soooooo worth it on the way home :D

God that was a great ride back... even if I did almost stack it on a 90 degree bend, 'cos I was too busy ogling the really cute girl in the golf who smiled at me :lol:

I didn't know a 23c tyre would allow you to lean that far!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter