South Bay Duathlon 2012

djraceworld
djraceworld Posts: 13
edited March 2012 in Amateur race
I competed in my first ever Duathlon this year in California.

It was a great day and experience! I really enjoyed my time there, mostly just to get started and have fun, not too concerned about the results. My pace was better than I expected finishing in 1hr 23mins, with my goal time of 1hr 30min.

I know this forum is mostly focused on cycle races but hey who said a cyclist can't compete in multisport!

So I'm wondering, how many of you guys have competed in a Duathlon within the past couple years and how have your experiences gone? :)
Official Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/dcworld74
WEBSITE COMING SOON!

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Did my first one's 2 years ago - was just getting into cycling and a friend suggested it and I did 5 all were raced on a motor circuit which made for a very interesting experience.

I did pretty well compared to what I thought I would do but really suffered with the first race getting my pace right as the second run leg was agony & I just about held on but really was suffering. However I got better and by the 3rd race was pretty spot on with my pacing and really enjoyed my racing.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    Did one last year as Castle Combe, Glos, UK

3 mile run, 9 mile bike and 3 mile run to finish...great event.. 56mins I seem to remember. Might try a few again this year, although fancy adding a swim :)
    Simon
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Did one last year as Castle Combe, Glos, UK

3 mile run, 9 mile bike and 3 mile run to finish...great event.. 56mins I seem to remember. Might try a few again this year, although fancy adding a swim :)

As in a triathlon, interesting...