Questionnaire for my dissertation

2»

Comments

• willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    Thanks all for partaking in my questionnaires.

I closed the responses a while ago.

Dissertation completed on the 25th April, 2 days in advance, no all nighters were needed to complete it. 16,115 words, 69 pages.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    well that is..erm...you know...exciting...maybe
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • willhub
    Here is a link to my dissertation

https://docs.google.com/open?id=1qyA8_u ... 95BA5b_PJQ

I get the feeling it's not very "academic" or very "critical" enough, but I'm proud of myself for completing it and it's not often I feel confident enough to say I'm proud of something, in fact, I probably have never said it before. I never thought I could complete such a piece of work, but I have, finally getting that out of the way I can justify riding my bike more and enjoying myself a bit.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    willhub wrote:

I get the feeling it's not very "academic" or very "critical" enough, but I'm proud of myself for completing it and it's not often I feel confident enough to say I'm proud of something, in fact, I probably have never said it before. I never thought I could complete such a piece of work, but I have, finally getting that out of the way I can justify riding my bike more and enjoying myself a bit.

I think it would have been enhanced by a picture showing some nice knockers, selected from the 'Girls in lycra' thread.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • willhub
    Aggieboy wrote:
    willhub wrote:

I think it would have been enhanced by a picture showing some nice knockers, selected from the 'Girls in lycra' thread.

Think that would distract the supervisor a bit too much!
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Did you submit it complete with the deliberate spelling mistake in the title? (Presumably this was a clever ploy to see if the examiner gives a sh1t about correct spelling).

Good effort using Google Docs but when I opened it up the page breaks seemed to have gone to hell. I have to agree that a picture of a lass with a stunning cleavage would have livened things up but wouldn't necessarily have won you any extra academic credits :)

Always nice to look back on a completed project. Did my last dissertation about 18 years ago (it's up in the loft somewhere I think) and wouldn't like to do one again.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Damn, missed the chance, link was closed. But I think you need to get rid of the distraction of that beautiful bike in your bathtub or you will not get the diss finished. Good luck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • willhub
    What spelling mistake?
  • Aggieboy
    willhub wrote:
    What spelling mistake?

Here's a clue - Cyclinging
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • willhub
    Err0r.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I wouldn't worry - most dissertations contain typos; you just got yours out of the way on the front cover :)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • willhub
    That typo was not present in the print off, clearly it was something to do with this stupid revision thing of Microsoft Word where a stupid bar comes up on the stupid right side with stupid red pointing arrows to the stupid changes I've made in the document, anyway they've shown out on stupid google docs.
  • Aggieboy
    willhub wrote:
    That typo was not present in the print off, clearly it was something to do with this stupid revision thing of Microsoft Word where a stupid bar comes up on the stupid right side with stupid red pointing arrows to the stupid changes I've made in the document, anyway they've shown out on stupid google docs.

Does it do punctuation?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Aggieboy wrote:
    willhub wrote:
    What spelling mistake?

Here's a clue - Cyclinging
    And breaks instead of brakes liberally scattered throughout.