20mm front Bulb or ProII

gtd.
gtd. Posts: 626
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
I'm building two wheel sets, one for my Patriot FR which I use on trails and light down hill and one for the Dr Jekyll I use on trails and the local BMX/dirt track.

Both will have 24" rear wheels MTX 33's rims on 36h Pro II 10mm Bolt in hubs.

Both front wheels will be 26" MTX 33's but one hub is a 36h 20mm Bulb the other is a 36h 20mm Pro II

I have a matching spare 26" set already for the Patriot when I want to run a 26" back wheel.

Tried a 24" rear wheel on both bikes but its a Hope XC QR hub with used spokes and a spoke has snapped so want to build a set on Pro II hubs as I now have some.

Which hub is more suited to which bike/style of riding?
I get more air on the dirt jump bike than I do on the full sus bike, but the full sus is used on rock garden type descents or are they both as strong as each other?
Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    No difference really. Pro 2s have had more issues hence the new pro 2evo.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    Cheers Nick I was hoping they were similar.

The gunsmoke Pro 2s are a little more used looking just scuffs but the silver Bulb and Pro 2 are near mint so I'll fit the tatty ones to my hard tail and the shiny ones to my full sus also one pair of rims are tattier but than the others so I'll build them up as my tatty dirt set.
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er