Specialized mtb sport spd shoe size advice

Peshwari
Peshwari Posts: 6
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hey Guys Peshwari here. Been reading this forum since I started mountain biking/commuting 2 years ago. Got to say I have found it fantastic and really appreciate all the members who share their knowledge and have taught me so much in such a short time. Now I am registered hopefully I can contribute something back. First off though I could do with some advice. I have decided to invest in some spd's and the Specialized mtb sport shoes. I am normally a size 10 and I believe Specialized box size 10 as an EU size 44. I have also been advised to go a size up and was wondering whether anyone who has bought these shoes can advise wether they went a size up their 'normal' trainer size. Hopefully I will get a chance to try before I buy but am looking for some expert advice before just incase I can't find them and have to buy online.
Thanks Peshwari :D

Comments

• u05harrisb
    u05harrisb Posts: 531
    I believe spesh shoes to be true, im a 9 and have a 43, my dads a 9 and has a 43 and my little brother was an 8 42 then 9 43 then 10 44 so i believe what ever your shoes is now should have fine, inless wide feet :) hop[e that helps!

Ben
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    I take a size 11 trainer and with my Shimano SPD shoes I had to get a 12(47) but with my new Specialized Pro MTB shoes I got today the 47 was to big and had to go with a 46 which I think is an 11 uk if that helps
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Must vary between models as my S-Works Pro shoe, I had to go up a size the same as Shimano...

My AM45's are a 47 as are my S-Works Pro shoe.. Normally I'm a 46 (UK 11) in a Nike...
  • Peshwari
    Hey guys thanks for the replies. Having read a few reviews on Evans cycle website etc I think I need to go a size up. Camerauk you say you are normally a size 11 trainer but in the Shimnao’s you got a 12(47) and for Specialized MTB Pro shoes you got a 46 which you think is an 11. According to a shoe size guide which I now can’t find a 46 in Specialized is a uk size 12 where as in Shimano a size 47 is a uk size 12. Could you check the box or the label under the tongue to confirm for me please. God this is confusing. Anyway this is one last shout out for anyone with Specialized spd shoes inparticular the MTB sport model can you confirm if you got your ‘normal’ trainer size or one size bigger. I’m going to try and get them tomorrow will report back with my findings.
    Cheers Peshi :)
  • camerauk
    Peshwari wrote:
    Hey guys thanks for the replies. Having read a few reviews on Evans cycle website etc I think I need to go a size up. Camerauk you say you are normally a size 11 trainer but in the Shimnao’s you got a 12(47) and for Specialized MTB Pro shoes you got a 46 which you think is an 11. According to a shoe size guide which I now can’t find a 46 in Specialized is a uk size 12 where as in Shimano a size 47 is a uk size 12. Could you check the box or the label under the tongue to confirm for me please. God this is confusing. Anyway this is one last shout out for anyone with Specialized spd shoes inparticular the MTB sport model can you confirm if you got your ‘normal’ trainer size or one size bigger. I’m going to try and get them tomorrow will report back with my findings.
    Cheers Peshi :)

Ok best I can do on Shimano shoe its says EU 47, US 11.8, Cm 29.1, Specialized box, EU 46, USA 13, UK12, CM29.5
    hope this will help also wore the Specialized Pro shoes today for first time and they are fantastic so comfortable :D
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Peshwari
    Ok best I can do on Shimano shoe its says EU 47, US 11.8, Cm 29.1, Specialized box, EU 46, USA 13, UK12, CM29.5
    hope this will help also wore the Specialized Pro shoes today for first time and they are fantastic so comfortable :D[/quote]

Hey camerauk thanks for getting back to me guess you went a size up from your normal size 11 in the Specialized (The shimanos seem a bit of a funny sizing system). Having done a bit of research thats what I'm going to do too with the Sports. Thanks for letting me know how you got on glad the Pro's are perfect. Cheers man Peshi :D
  • camerauk
    Peshwari wrote:
    hope this will help also wore the Specialized Pro shoes today for first time and they are fantastic so comfortable :D

Hey camerauk thanks for getting back to me guess you went a size up from your normal size 11 in the Specialized (The shimanos seem a bit of a funny sizing system). Having done a bit of research thats what I'm going to do too with the Sports. Thanks for letting me know how you got on glad the Pro's are perfect. Cheers man Peshi :D[/quote]

no prob bud enjoy the new shoes also its worth getting the correct insoles for them but you will need to get to a shop to be measured only took a min to do I have the middle ones (blue)
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • My Specialized S-Works pro shoe say's...

EU 47
    US 13
    UK 13
    CM 30.2

Which makes no sense at all...

My Shimano's are EU 47 and they both fit the same... In a Nike I'm a 46 - UK 11 - US 12...
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Must vary between models as my S-Works Pro shoe

No such shoe, there is the S-Works, or the Pro, 2 different models.

I've found Spesh among the biggest, I'm a 44 in Spesh, but 45 in Sidi or Shimano.
  • njee20 wrote:
    Must vary between models as my S-Works Pro shoe

No such shoe, there is the S-Works, or the Pro, 2 different models.

I've found Spesh among the biggest, I'm a 44 in Spesh, but 45 in Sidi or Shimano.

Sorry I meant 'S-Works Shoe, ridden like Pro's'.... like me... :lol:
  • Peshwari
    Right update went to Edinburgh Bikes and got the Specialized MTB Sports in size 45 which according to them is a UK 11 this is one size up from my usual adidas size 10 but the fit is spot on. :D Tried the 44's but they were to tight as were a pair of Shimano's size 45.
    Cheers for all the advice folks. camerauk never saw your post about insoles will try them and see how I get on.

Ohh yeah best news when I got to the till was 15% off everything :lol:
  • camerauk
    Nice one glad you got sorted its always best to try them on
    Just get you feet measured for the insoles the ones that came with my shoes were red but I needed the Blue ones with a bit more support in the arch, they swapped them over for me for free :)
    Specialized Allez Sport