Returning to MB - Need routes/trails in/around Newbury UK

SPARTdAN
SPARTdAN Posts: 26
edited April 2012 in Routes
Hi,

I'm just returning to mountain biking after losing interest with road cycling, used to do novice down hill and want to get back into that and just other general off road biking. Picking up my Giant Talon 29er 2 in a few days and was hoping to find out some routes in the area. Only been up here for 4 months with a change in job so don't know the area well at all.

Wouldn't mind a cycling buddy either as currently all I will have is my Husky. :)

Hope to get some replies and get to know some of you up in the area! :D

Comments

• flybywire
    flybywire Posts: 575
    Bikelux,Ampere Road Newbury have regular evening rides from their shop..http://www.bikelux.co.uk/

Greenham common is accessible > 5minutes from the town & all rideable enjoyable trails towards Ecchinswell. :D
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    There is a group called buckled wheel that has posted on here. Keep meaning to join them for a ride but not got round to it yet. http://buckledwheel.webs.com/
  • SPARTdAN
    Cheers guys! :)
  • predo
    predo Posts: 19
    Hi, I live in Hungerford about 9 miles from Newbury, if you fancy a spin around Walbury Hill and Combe village area at any time let me know, do most of my riding around this area as well as Inkpen and Ham area.
    Giant Anthem X3 2010
    Trek 4500 2007
  • .Tim.
    .Tim. Posts: 6
    I'm also on the lookout for new routes. I've been out recently on the Wayfarer's Walk / Combe Gibbet / Greenham Common but really need to expand my knowledge of the area's trails.

I'd be more than happy to come out with you. Also going to get in touch with buckled wheels and see if they do anything at weekends. Let me know when you're free next.
  • SPARTdAN
    predo wrote:
    Hi, I live in Hungerford about 9 miles from Newbury, if you fancy a spin around Walbury Hill and Combe village area at any time let me know, do most of my riding around this area as well as Inkpen and Ham area.

Might be good to meet up for a ride, I actually live at Shefford Woodlands, closer to Hunderford than Newbury.
  • predo
    predo Posts: 19
    Yep that would be good, usually ok for any mid afternoon to evening, or weekend, you have to let me know what sort of distance or amount of time you want to ride for. And if your ok to get into Hungerford.
    Giant Anthem X3 2010
    Trek 4500 2007