Sunny Weekend Plans

Wirral_paul
Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Gooooooood Morning all

Well the sun is shining and the BBC weather man tells me its going to be a lovely weekend - sunny and warm 8) 8)

So time to roll out the lycra shorts and get out there in the countryside. What are everyone's plans for this weekend??

Mine are to head to the supermarket very shortly and get the mundane chores out of the way, but even that will be lovely today - its a 20 minute walk each day along the beach between Hoylake and West Kirby from my home to the supermarket, and i need to bank a £50 cheque from money owed that i didnt expect to see again!! After that it will be breakfast and bike cleaning using my new Pedros Pit Kit (on offer at half price atm) that arrive from Cycle Surgery this week. After that i'm riding up to a mate's house to do a quick 40 miles or so and then rest up this evening before heading out to Wales tomorrow for a hilly 70 miles or so with my new club - up around the Worlds End / Llangollen area. :)

Only downside is i've got to fit in time for looking for a new dining table at some stage today!! Whats up with the sofa in front of the TV, and your knees I ask ya?? :lol: (

Comments

• cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Had the day off yesterday and i spent all day mending the fence panels,more of the same today along with taking ck 1 to martial arts.
    Might getr chance to wash the fleet+change the rubber in time for sundays club run.
    FCN 3/5/9
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    80k before lunch :)
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    What is this sun you speak of? Woke up this morning with a long easy ride in mind, only to find Perthshire covered in a thick fog.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    nweststeyn wrote:
    What is this sun you speak of? Woke up this morning with a long easy ride in mind, only to find Perthshire covered in a thick fog.
    It covered NI yesterday,consider it a gift.
  • It's still too foggy here but as I've lost my cycling mojo at the moment I'm concentrating on finishing the new ply floor in my campervan and looking for interior units to complete the conversion.

Wasn't intending to complete the camper conversion until later in the year but I'm hoping having the camper sorted now will motivate me to chuck the bikes in the van and get out to pastures new and back on the bike.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Ended up having a really awesome ride to Dunkeld and back with a mate, despite the cold foggy conditions, and it brightened up for the 2nd half of the ride. Good day!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Ended up having a really awesome ride to Dunkeld and back with a mate, despite the cold foggy conditions, and it brightened up for the 2nd half of the ride. Good day!
    We found fog (lol I was hoping Scotland would keep it) and headwind,that turned when we did... Afternoon on the settee watching stage6 Catalunya.

"Shut up legs! " isn't too far from the truth