Considering Dropper Post

dno64
dno64 Posts: 18
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
After some advice. Considering a dropper post and wanted comments from those who have one. I'm looking at Rockshox Reverb, Giant Contact Switch or maybe Specialized Blacklite command post.

Would appreciate any recommendations
Thanks

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Reverb. Brilliant, accept no substitute.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Reverb. Brilliant, accept no substitute.

+1 Reverb... Works brilliantly (thus far) 6 months in...
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Mine should arrive any day. Went for a Reverb 125 but only because it was the cheapest option

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/misearch.html?serchform=directsend&query=reverb+125&x=0&y=0

That's £175 in old money. Gravity Dropper, KS Dropzone, Joplin were all more expensive. Turns out the Reverb is generally rated as the best too...happy days
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    I've not used a dropper post as yet but I did notice that Crank Bros are releasing a new dropper post in the spring, no idea if it's any good but it did look like the mutt's nuts.
    Of note, it was in what mountain bike magazine..... opposite an article by Supersonic saying he doesn't rate them... fine piece of magazine editing!
  • bigpee
    bigpee Posts: 205
    Had a Reverb since Christmas. It has worked perfectly from day one and is still working as it should despite a winter of riding. Can't comment on others but the Reverb is an excellent piece of kit.
    Current bikes:
    Norco Sight 3 SE (on order)
    Specialized Allez 2010

Old bikes:
    Commencal META 55 custom build (Stolen :( )
    Boardman HT Comp 2010
    GT Avalance 1.0 2006(ish)
  • I've owned a Joplin, a Gravity Dropper Turbo, a KS I7 and I'm now waiting for my new Reverb to be delivered.

The Gravity dropper Turbo is the best of the bunch so far. The Reverb will need to be damned good if it's going to beat it.
  • dno64
    dno64 Posts: 18
    Decided to go with a Reverb from CRC. Couple of other queries before I get one:-

- Do I need to get the Bleed kit as you can get it with or without?
    - I'm going for the 31.6 diameter however my Cube Stereo has 34.9 seatpost diameter so need a shim. Is this ok?
    - In terms of routing the cable for the remote. Anyone got any recommendations/best practice or even got a reverb on a Cube Stereo?

Thanks for your help
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Get the bleed kit because you may alter the cable length,

Get a shim from superstarcompents, no problem with that,

Cable routing, follow existing cables, this is a try and test as you do get some cable as the post drops unless you wait for a stealth.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    dno64 wrote:
    I'm going for the 31.6 diameter however my Cube Stereo has 34.9 seatpost diameter so need a shim. Is this ok?

Double check as I think you'll find the post is 31.6 and the seatclamp dia is 34.9, hence no shim needed.
    My mates cube is this anyway.

Edit to say - your right, i've never seen one that big, 38 mm seatclamp too :shock: