7 stanes on a hardtail.

delcol
delcol Posts: 2,848
edited April 2012 in Routes
a very last minute trip as come my way to go to the stanes for a few days leaving sunday night , staying in dalbeattie so will be riding dalbeattie and mabie and ae forest or kirroughtree.. while we're there..
so to any of you who have been to the stanes (cough cough northwind were are you) is it doable on a hardtail
160mm hardhitting hardtail i am a confident rider apart from jumps but thats another story.. i hope to burry the jump deamon while im there..
i do have the f/s but it still in the bike bag from when i came back from whistler last year, and i wont have chance to build it by sunday....
so would i be fine on the chromag hardtail..

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They are doable on an XC hardtail ;-)
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Ae is doable on a rigid :wink: ,well technically all above mentioned are but if I went again I'd take the HT 8)
  • trailpuppet
    trailpuppet Posts: 381
    Yes. Current bike is a Blue Pig, 130mm
    Previous bike was a '96 Bontrager :lol:
    Enjoy my local trails :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Course it is! TBH they all work on pretty much anything. Rigid carrera at frozen Innerleithen, just about to go down the black and some of the downhill trails:

5892078548_bb4620fa4e_z.jpg
    IMG_0366 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Also, what is this "maybe kirroughtree" madness? All the Stanes are good but KT's the best of the western ones IMO. The red's a wee bit of a slog but the black's fab and it has McMoab. Fit in a Drumlanrig visit too if you can, and you like roots and flow.

You'll have a blast on anything tbh, it's just riding bikes :mrgreen:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lochussie
    lochussie Posts: 276
    As has been said, all fine on HT, though some would be more fun on FS. Def do Kirroughtree, miss out Mabie if pushed for time. Though the Darkside is good...
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    wow.....................

massive thanks to all you guys for the advice..

did get up to the stanes stayed in well just out of dalbeattie, in sandyhills,, at barend..

i took your advice we did ae forest on the way in on the first day monday (we ended up leaving early mon morning) ae forest was awesome.
    then we did kirroughtree on tues day.. fantastic and easily the best days riding..
    then dalbeattie on wed. again awesome, loved the teccy bits. the qualifier and the slab terrible twins ect..

cant wait to get up there again..