Rucksack with space for laptop

robbobkirk
robbobkirk Posts: 26
edited March 2012 in Commuting general
Folks,

I've got a fairly small bag that I used for commuting which allows me space for clothes etc. but it doesn't really have space for my laptop. Can anyone recommend a rucksack (I don't really want a bag on the bike) that they use? Looking at them online I'm not quite sure what size I should look for.

Any help? - thanks!

Comments

• I'm the same as you - laptop, clothes, locks, tools, tubes and hydration pack - I can just about fit it all in a 22L backpack.

I use an Opsrey Talon - easily the most comfortable and airy backpack I have owned (previously had a Dueter and Camelback HAWG).
    The downside:
    Doesn't come with a hydration pack, but has space for one (and they can be bought seperately).
    No seperate internal sections, so everything goes in together (which shouldn't be too much of a problem if you pack properly). That said it does have a seperate bit for keys/phone and wallet, so they won't get ost at the bottom of the bag).
    Only showerproof, not waterproof - but I got a waterproof cover when I bought mine.
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/osprey/talon-20-22-l-bike-pack-ec026648
    If you look around you may be able to get it cheaper elsewhere.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • I'm the same as you - laptop, clothes, locks, tools, tubes and hydration pack - I can just about fit it all in a 22L backpack.

I use an Opsrey Talon - easily the most comfortable and airy backpack I have owned (previously had a Dueter and Camelback HAWG).
    The downside:
    Doesn't come with a hydration pack, but has space for one (and they can be bought seperately).
    No seperate internal sections, so everything goes in together (which shouldn't be too much of a problem if you pack properly). That said it does have a seperate bit for keys/phone and wallet, so they won't get ost at the bottom of the bag).
    Only showerproof, not waterproof - but I got a waterproof cover when I bought mine.
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/osprey/talon-20-22-l-bike-pack-ec026648
    If you look around you may be able to get it cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks for that - that's very helpful. It's useful to know the size - 22L.
  • Tactica
    Tactica Posts: 70
    Have a look at Boblbee rucksacks. They are certified backprotectors too. Bit expensive, but cheaply expandable to long treks and so on. They also provide great spare part service. Expensive, but the last backpack you'll ever buy hopefully.

http://www.boblbee.com/eu/artiklar/kategorilfullpost.asp?flik=219&id=941
  • I recently purchased a vango boulder 45, it's airy and nice but it's a really odd shape. It's long and thin and although everything fits it makes getting things in and out of it a massive pain in the ... Tbh I'm considering binning it and trying again.
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!