cyclescheme certificate delivery time

anthdci
anthdci Posts: 543
edited March 2012 in Commuting general
I have just had an email that my employer has my cyclescheme certificate. Since I am sure there are numerous people on here who have used the scheme, how long roughly will I be waiting for the certificate to arrive? I am itching to get hold of my new bike, but the vague upto 4 weeks estimate time for delivery is not very helpful!

Comments

• TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Well if it's with YOUR employer surely you're the best person to answer that?! Get in touch with whoever in your company is managing the scheme - you might be able to pick it up in person?!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • anthdci
    TommyEss wrote:
    Well if it's with YOUR employer surely you're the best person to answer that?!

No, my employer has done everything they need to. They have send the confirmation to the people at the cyclescheme who issue the certificate. It is them who I now need to wait on not my employer. However the cyclescheme will only give as estimate of upto 4 weeks.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Oh - sorry - that's not what you said in your first post!

Mine was a while ago now, but I don't remember it taking ages, probably a week or two tops - but if it's a busy time it could be longer, hence the estimate - it's pretty standard for companies to say this to be honest. There's no way to speed it up as it's in a system.

It'll come - patience!!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    My employer sent the cheque on Friday, Cyclescheme sent the Certificate the following Tuesday, and I got it on Thursday. Less than a week. Picking the new bike up today.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Sorry but if your employer has the certificate why have they not given it to you? The procedure is that you apply on line, your employer has to approve your application on line, Cyclescheme issue an invoice on line. That lot can all be done in less than a day. The delay is usually in the time taken to pay the invoice. Upon receipt of payment Cyclescheme issue the certificate, which is posted. The whole process can take less than a week.
    Once your employer has the certificate you can take it and go and get your bike. Assuming the bike shop has it in stock.
  • anthdci
    I have attached a screen grab of the page showing the status. No sign of it as yet :cry:
  • I'm in the process now, 2nd time round and very impatient! I got my voucher 3 weeks after approval, I did chase a couple of times. Unfortunately the bike I'm after (Cube Peloton) is not available in my local area so I've had to order online via Tredz. Anyway, I've sent the voucher off, around a week ago and I'm currently waiting for an update. Probably another four weeks, tempted to cancel and stick it on the card :D
  • If youre still waiting its probably down to your employer not paying the invoice yet which they need to do before cyclescheme release the certificate to enable you to pick up the bike
  • anthdci
    well I've just got off the phone to the LBS, Iwhen I was in they sai I could pay a refundable deposit so when the certificate showed up the bike would be ready to take away, however they won't have it until next Friday (6th) anyway. So the certificate has 10days to show up before I can collect it anyway! :|
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    If the certificate has been approved that means it's probably awaiting payment. biggest variable is how long it takes your lot to pay the invoice. They may also wait for the cheque to clear, quicker if it's paid by BACS.
    Once payment is cleared it should be with you in a couple of days.