Specialized Secteur Sport bike sizes

Willzza
Willzza Posts: 3
edited March 2012 in Workshop
I have recently bought the Specialized Secteur Sport road bike 2012 model of the internet. I then took the bike to Halfords for them to assemble. Unfortuntatly they rang me to tell me that the believe the size is wrong on the bike.

The bike should be a 58", and has a sticker to confirm this on the bike. However they believe the bike is too big, according to their measurements, which they have made with a tape measure.

I was wondering if this was peculiarity with this model of the bike?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    more likely to be Halfords measuring the bike differently to the makers.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • +1 on Halfords being the issue!

Given that Halfords don't sell Spesh bikes how would they know?
    Alos why on earth would they have measured the frame and checked (even if they could) as their job was to set it up for you ?

Anyway - if you consult the Spesh website or a Spesh Concept Store they will easily either give you a few measurments to check or better still give it to your local Concept Store to check and set up for you.

PS - I would be wary that getting Halfords to set it up may void the manufacturers warranty (as Halfords are not an authorised Spesh dealer AFAIK) so I would go canny if talking to Spesh about this.
  • Willzza
    Willzza Posts: 3
    Thanks for the help.

Starting to wonder whether it was a good idea to give it to Halfords in the first place, as now they say the front derailleur is slipping and that it is a problem with the design of the bike.
  • Willzza wrote:
    Starting to wonder whether it was a good idea to give it to Halfords in the first place, as now they say the front derailleur is slipping and that it is a problem with the design of the bike.

Bollox :evil: amazed thye would try such nonsense :roll: - get the bike back off them ASAP - cut your losses and get a Spesh authorised dealer to assemble it for you.