GB London 2012 Kit

schweiz
schweiz Posts: 1,644
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Does anyone like it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... nched.html

I don't! It doesn't really shout Great Britain to me.
«1

Comments

  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,681
    Happy?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    Nope - it's complete s***e as I've said on pro race ;)

    I'm thinking of joining Stella McCartney on twitter just to tell her how bad it is!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Im pretty sure this has been discussed elsewhere, maybe we should try and avoid duplication in future.

    Kits sh*t though.



















    :wink:
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    The first place to start on a project like this is to look at the Union flag. For me it’s one of the most beautiful flags in the world and it was important for me to stay true to that iconic design but also to modernise it and present it in a contemporary way. So I changed the colour to remove the red bit i.e. the bit that actually represents the host city. Clever innit? Now, where's my free champers? Dad, dad, do me a favour and help me get another contract because you were once the second best Beatle*.

    * I added something to the quote
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    They all look like Spice Girls (except for Chris Hoy of course).
    geriJackdateG0312_600x662.jpg
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    Crapaud wrote:
    They all look like Spice Girls (except for Chris Hoy of course).
    geriJackdateG0312_600x662.jpg

    No they don't - at least Geri took the trouble of checking what colours were in our national flag before having her wardrobe designed unlike Ms McCartney!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    That is horiffic but Ms Ennis would please me in anything
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    That is horiffic but Ms Ennis would please me in anything

    or nothing!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Pross wrote:
    That is horiffic but Ms Ennis would please me in anything

    or nothing!
    :twisted:
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Sorry - not one for the Yosster - where has the red gone? Its just dull and will blend into the background. An updated version of the kit the cycle team wear (ie basically a big Geri Haliwell dress thing) would have been the way I would have gone.

    And isn't this a crock of badly written hyperbolic shyyyyte:

    Verdict: Luke Leitch, deputy fashion editor:

    It is slick, patriotic - and at times extremely tight-fitting. The unmistakable angles of the Union Flag are the decorative seam that runs through this enormous collection, that encompasses everything from "Techfit" skin-hugging swimwear to bulky BMX helmets. McCartney's Olympic contribution certainly looked like extremely stylish sportswear. The red has been removed from the red white and blue of the Union flag, and used instead to provide an emphatic trim to necklines or as a striking block of colour in shinpads and shoes. The identifying flag emblem on the chest of the athletics kit is rendered in two shades of blue, with a subtle pixellating grid running across it. Purely aesthetic touches included a loose belt at the waist of women's off-duty, Olympic Kit jackets to give the usually lumpen lines of a tracksuit top a flattering silhouette.


    Anyway, as always it'll great (if a bit smelly) on the bedroom floor when Victoria gets home ……
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    The kit is pish!

    That is all I have to say on the subject.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Looks a bag of 5hi7.

    Am I the only one nervous about the opening ceremony? Can anyone remember Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood presenting the Brit Awards? - I'm thinking along those lines for the cringeometer.......
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    Yossie wrote:
    And isn't this a crock of badly written hyperbolic shyyyyte:

    Verdict: Luke Leitch, deputy fashion editor:

    This kit looks absolutely s***e but we don't want to upset someone who might advertise in our publication so I'm going to say a load of BS praise instead


    There, fixed!
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I'm loving that new 'Emperor' jacket and shorts combo.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    SHEEITE!. Where is the RED, WHITE & BLUE. I believe those are the colours of the Union Jack last time I looked. This abomination looks like a poor monochrome version of the old British Airways tail logo.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Well, I like it. A bit of a twist to just copying the Union Jack and the red is still there in the detailing. Better than rolling out the UJ per se. Quite a few of them will get theirs enhanced by a nice bit of gold anyway. :P
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    According to the British Olympic Association's official press release the kit design "focused on the British flag, breaking down the iconic design and reconstructing it, creating a modern and contemporary twist."

    Translated into English = "we commissioned at great expense the design of the most important British Olympic Kit in modern times for our home games and they ballsed it up, and now we're stuck with it."
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    They've updated it following today's feedback -

    543740400.jpg?key=714476&Expires=1332440842&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=iOFtjlV8hMJfQEhBh8sAs40dC-fhnqi014sRHQFv51ko6nwWmbsJOZmZHuD4NCw46i9NPyXeIUbGzIFLhg2CXjxQOAJtFzk8AryiPWn61y9fXw~GlgpDddTbudM0ZZBhJuXOgM-rt~-lz-ECjd55EcFI3nNZl1ZMUZPF9GhYhiY_
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    remember that greyish cack Man Utd kit that blended into the spectators. I think this will be the same
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Yossie wrote:
    ... Verdict: Luke Leitch, deputy fashion editor:

    It is slick, patriotic - and at times extremely tight-fitting. The unmistakable angles of the Union Flag are the decorative seam that runs through this enormous collection, that encompasses everything from "Techfit" skin-hugging swimwear to bulky BMX helmets. McCartney's Olympic contribution certainly looked like extremely stylish sportswear. The red has been removed from the red white and blue of the Union flag, and used instead to provide an emphatic trim to necklines or as a striking block of colour in shinpads and shoes. The identifying flag emblem on the chest of the athletics kit is rendered in two shades of blue, with a subtle pixellating grid running across it. Purely aesthetic touches included a loose belt at the waist of women's off-duty, Olympic Kit jackets to give the usually lumpen lines of a tracksuit top a flattering silhouette.

    captain-britain.gif
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    NapoleonD wrote:
    They've updated it following today's feedback -

    543740400.jpg?key=714476&Expires=1332440842&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=iOFtjlV8hMJfQEhBh8sAs40dC-fhnqi014sRHQFv51ko6nwWmbsJOZmZHuD4NCw46i9NPyXeIUbGzIFLhg2CXjxQOAJtFzk8AryiPWn61y9fXw~GlgpDddTbudM0ZZBhJuXOgM-rt~-lz-ECjd55EcFI3nNZl1ZMUZPF9GhYhiY_
    It's London 2012 - need moar jellied eels, IMO.

    :twisted:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Follows on from the God Awful Olympic Logo at stupid expense.
    For a country that is supposedly broke there seems to a bottomless pit in some areas for wasting money. :shock:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    WTF is that crap! and what i'm i gonna do now with my old team GB kit ...?

    guess i'll wear it on the commute then :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    It's a shame they didn't incorporate this memorable alternative logo somewhere, maybe on the shorts:

    529967993_c403bcb809_o.png
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    It's a pile of sh1t, Stella M ought to be charged with treason for that offering.
    Tail end Charlie

    The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • sunburnt
    sunburnt Posts: 3
    I love the design, understated, cool and sleek. But it looks like the ink ran out of poor Stella's printer and we;ve been left with this monochrome mess.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    I think the kit makes Jessica Ennis look fantastic. That's mainly because the tininess of the shorts and top detracts from the crapness of the design!
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,210
    I think it may be an attempt at camouflage so that the Brit competitors can steal a march on the opposition. Sort of a ghost lead-out train for Cav.
  • se-po
    se-po Posts: 47
    RDW wrote:
    It's a shame they didn't incorporate this memorable alternative logo somewhere, maybe on the shorts:

    529967993_c403bcb809_o.png

    Lol, it reminds me something...
  • Team4Luke
    Team4Luke Posts: 597
    very rubbish, the lack of red is a disgrace, looks like Team Scotland, would like to know if Cav has tweeted about it, go on Cav tell us what we want to hear !
    Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young