New Wheelset

Mountaincoffee
Mountaincoffee Posts: 129
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm currently running my Sun Rims MTX on DMR revolver/Shimano XT hubs.

I decided in this particular wheel set a long time ago and have since changed the riding I predominantly do and the wheels are completely O.T.T and I'm looking to swap to something a little more suitable and lighter.

Basically I'm 5"4' so not being the tallest and having a slim figure and weighing very little I'm thinking I can get away with a nimble wheel set designed for XC.

I ride trail centres, and more natural things in Wales and the Dales. I also like to dabble in DH if the location allows and equally when there are jump lines etc there or bike parts I love having a go. So its more a do all wheel set as my riding is so varied, but being smaller I feel I could get away with a super light XC wheel set.

I wondered if anybody has any experience of such a wheel set of has any suggestions. I've been looking at the Mavic XC 717 and the XM 819. Then to couple it with probably my existing front DMR revolver and get a new rear hub with adapters to QR as my blue pig has QR dropouts but for future compatibility it'd be nice to have the option of a bolt through rear.

Thanks in advance.
A Lawton

Comments