Lidl bike gear

2wheelsonit
2wheelsonit Posts: 72
edited March 2012 in MTB general
I see Lidl have got bike gear in at the moment got some SPD trainers for getting muddy on the field they are fine - £10

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//lid ... IDNOTFOUND

Speedos are poor though they are the size of a 14"crt and are extremely hard to read unless you backlight it, wouldn't waste my time installing it.

tool kit, pumps and clothing ok for a spare etc

Comments

• scrumpydave
    scrumpydave Posts: 143
    This stuff always goes quickly. Got there at opening time this morning and I wasn't the only one. Picked up a gilet, insulated water bottle and pump. Some base layers there too but my Aldi ones are still going strong.
    Riding the Etape du Tour for Beating Bowel Cancer - click to donate http://bit.ly/P9eBbM
  • despite saying available Thursday both Lidls in Warrington were selling it last night when i went - those pumps looked quiet sturdy
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No trainers listed at my local store!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • scrumpydave
    scrumpydave Posts: 143
    The pump is pretty industrial and it takes all common valve types. Also has a pressure guage. Not one for the best bike but good to have on the commute/out with the family etc.
    Riding the Etape du Tour for Beating Bowel Cancer - click to donate http://bit.ly/P9eBbM
  • No trainers listed at my local store!

Simon

yeah they get very limited stock my local had 5 pairs ranging 7 to 9 luckily there's another 1 a mile away which had my size - still only had about 8 pairs in total
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    . . . and of course, they do damn' good chocolate
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    Denton store has still got loads of stuff.
    Manchester
  • i got a base layer i wonder it will work well

we had 4 pairs of the spd shoes at 13.00ish (derby)
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    bought some gloves for the kids.

Still using last years glasses - they are better fitting than my endura sharks.

Bought some shorts for the road bike.
  • Well don't worry i won't be buying up the spandex - too god dam intrusive for me !!
  • ian_s
    ian_s Posts: 183
    Has anyone tried their pumps? I bought a track pump and the 4.99 mini pump (they also had a really cheapo plastic job at 1.99 i think)The track pump is ok but won't go beyond 80 psi - it just leaks air beyond that point. Probably ok for Mtb use though. The mini pump is hopeless. I got it as a get you home for my wife on the occasions when she is out on her own, but neither of us could pump her tyres up with it. Both are going back. The question is whether to try a replacement..
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067

Speedos are poor though they are the size of a 14"

Not that I wear speedos but that seems an exceptionaly small size :wink:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Giraffoto wrote:
    . . . and of course, they do damn' good chocolate

Ohhhh Yes there Hazelnut chocolate is just right for a mid ride munch I find the large bar lasts about 5 seconds when shared around 4 to 6 people.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

• Speedos are poor though they are the size of a 14"

Not that I wear speedos but that seems an exceptionaly small size :wink:

LOL hmm i think you picked a select part of the full statement there. However i have it on good authority that if you wear said size 14" speedos you WILL be the fastet rider in the race - the reasoning you are so quick is so that you can get home and peel them off.