A Perfect Commute

ChrisLS
ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
...home along the river in the twilight...so, so perfect... :lol::D 8)
...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Beautiful evening, riding through Bushy Park just before sunset. Lots of people about so had to take it easy, bit windy. But everybody just seemed happier. Isn't it great what a bit of sunshine can do.
  • Bordersroadie
    Bordersroadie Posts: 1,052
    Yesterday was my first commute this year without overshoes. Beautiful sunny morning here in Melrose, and only one car in 12 miles. Mornings like this make sense of all those freezing pitch dark winter commutes!
  • corshamjim
    corshamjim Posts: 234
    I wouldn't say yesterday's commute was perfect for me, but it was less noisy after I remembered to lubricate my chain! :roll: It was lovely to ride home without a jacket for the first time this year too.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    bloody marvellous out there today

is set to be 15C here today with very little wind, i may just have to take the extended- extended route home
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Beautiful sunshine here this morning, bike in perfect condition and a first commute in my *lovely* new Tørm kit. Also noticeable that the people who skip winter are coming out of hibernation now, massive grin on my face all the way in as I swished past them all.

Heaven.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    1C here this morning - not the normal recipe for a perfect commute but just utterly bloody fantastic. Ignoring the cold, I could have been on an early morning ride in the south of France. Not a breath of wind, totally clear sky (both incredibly rare up here) - dark lenses in the M-Frames for the first time this year - cockerels crowing and a really cool bird of prey sat on a fence post 5 metres away, calmly watching me ride by. Ive been off the bike for a week with the bug that's been going around up here but this morning was just what the doctor ordered. Life-affirming
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Beautiful day this morning, even made Parliament Sq look pleasant as you navigate the 4 lane roundabout of death. However very tired legs and a headwind all the way in meant I was idling gently.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    most fun? probably when it's first snowed and I get to be a big child and show off my jedi like balance/old narly mtb skills on the commute bike.

most relaxed summer evening though Bushy Park.

most beautiful cold frosty winter mourning in Bushy Park.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Beautiful day here again. Unfortunately I had to take the car as I have to leave early, collect my wife and go to our son's school for a parents 'evening'.
    But, traffic was light and I listened to Summer Breeze by the Isley Brothers.
  • Stag on
    Stag on Posts: 99
    Glorious this morning. It's a great feeling that spring is almost here, slogging through the winter I am also eyeing up a scalp or two!
  • Glorious here too. First commute of the year in just shorts and t-shirt (and 'gillet cause I like to stuff things in the pockets)
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • mudcow007
    weather is still fan-dabby-dozy

so the extended-longer ride is on whoohoo roll on the summer
  • May have to stop for 'refreshment' on the way home tonight :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 wrote:
    weather is still fan-dabby-dozy

so the extended-longer ride is on whoohoo roll on the summer

marvellous ride home, when a 2" nail went straight through my Marathon+

bad times....

nice weather though so..... good times!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Just under two hours to go. Sun outside is shining in an azure sky and I can feel a 'long route' with a halfway pint coming on!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.