Rushmore
Rushmore Posts: 674
edited March 2012 in Health, fitness & training
So whats yours?

Lance Armstrong is around 35bpm..

The Average person is around 60bpm..

Measured mine and took an average over the last 3 days and it was 47bpm

Whats yours?
Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
De Rosa R838

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Don't know accurately, having BP and HR taken stress me quite a bit meaning the results are always quite high, I can feel my heart going quicker and once I'm aware of this it just gets worse :lol:

47 is very good going though.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Mine's in the high 40's as well, but I'm suffer from hypothyroidism and one of the symptoms is bradycardia. So, I guess I'm not that fit
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    When I was fitter it was 48bpm. The lowest was 37! Now is about 55-60.
  • supersonic
    PS I have had bradycardia too lol.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    i got this after a night in bed with the hrm, 66bpm avarage.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/155642300
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Why would you want to know this?? Everyone has a different RHR, and a low one isn't neccessarily an indication of fitness or good health.

You'd be better off asking about shoe size.
  • Rankles
    Rankles Posts: 144
    Mines been about 50 since I got a HRM. I imagine it used to be much higher, and I hope it creeps a little lower.
    keef66 wrote:
    Why would you want to know this?? Everyone has a different RHR, and a low one isn't neccessarily an indication of fitness or good health.

Actually it is. Whilst comparing one persons 160bpm to anothers is useless, a resting HR of >60 in an active person is generally an indication of fitness. >60 in a non active person is a concern.
  • Fatamorgana
    Fatamorgana Posts: 257
    Better to define what you mean by "fitness" and then how you measure it perhaps?

Throughout the day mine differs wildly, as does yours. It's dependent upon all manner of things including when you last ate, drank coffee / tea / alcohol, slept etc. At 11pm it's around 46-ish and I'm not training.

Size 9UK.
  • Rankles
    Rankles Posts: 144
    Better to define what you mean by "fitness" and then how you measure it perhaps?

Throughout the day mine differs wildly, as does yours. It's dependent upon all manner of things including when you last ate, drank coffee / tea / alcohol, slept etc. At 11pm it's around 46-ish and I'm not training.

Size 9UK.

Exactly, but you calculate resting HR before any of those factors can affect you ie literally when you wake up first thing after a good nights sleep.

It's still not exact science but if you take it first thing in the morning for a week it'll be the same or thereabouts every day. Towards the end of the day mines about 10-15bpm higher.
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    I had a friend who was on a heart rate monitor in hospital yesterday..

he was just getting some wisdom teeth taken out..

he texted me to tell me his was 39! lol
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • Fatamorgana
    Fatamorgana Posts: 257
    ...and then he was under, zzzzzzzz!
    As for 1st thing in the morning, well, I don't like to raise it here, but being a bloke an' all, I like a bit of Oasis and their Morning Glory Album, so my HR is far higher on waking than it is at the end of the day (and my bio rythums).
  • supersonic
    Also I am on beta blockers for HBP.
  • fra-gy
    fra-gy Posts: 14
    I did what they said on here http://www.brianmac.co.uk/hrm1.htm this morning and mine was 32 at its lowest!
  • Mine is quite high, normally around 65-70, but I still smoke and drink Red Bull alot!