New version of (free) bike touring game released

raybo
raybo Posts: 87
edited March 2012 in Tour & expedition
I have finished updating Armchair Bike Touring, a free on-line bike touring game that I first released about a year ago.

If you aren't familiar with it, the game runs in any browser and is an attempt to simulate bike touring (without all that annoying thigh pain!). A player takes 3 increasing difficult bike tours (100, 200, then 300 miles) earning points (and getting assessed penalties) along the way. The original version has different terrains that go through various scenery in all kinds of weather. You have to deal with flat tires and broken spokes and make sure you eat enough food to stay energized and stop before you are completely exhausted. The new version incorporates stealth camping and taking side trips to see local attractions. I've written an article describing the changes for any one interested in more detail.

It is my guess that these changes should allow for higher top scores. But, there are pitfalls, as well, so who knows. I'll just have to wait and see if anyone is able to post a new top score.

In addition to working on browsers, the game works unchanged on iPads and similar devices, as far as I can tell.

I'd be interested in any and all comments that anyone might have about the game.