This would really annoy me

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
I was listening to Capital Radio this morning. They were running a phone in about bad luck, or some such.

Caller rings in.

"So, my Mum and Dad always do the same lottery numbers every week. About 6 weeks ago they didn't and didn't ask me or any of my brothers or sisters to get them for them, which we would have done.

Mum rang me on the Sunday and said "you shouldn't be going to work tomorrow". Then she told me that the numbers she plays every week, but had forgotten to play that week, had come up.

If she'd've bought her normal ticket, she would have shared the £48 million jackpot with one other person. She told me that she'd have given us £4 million, and the same to my three siblings and their families".

I actually felt quite sorry for this poor girl, which is unlike me. Had my dearest mater done that, I think it would have been for the best that she not tell me. Freshly turned mounds of earth can so ruin the look of a garden in springtime.
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Greg66 wrote:
    I was listening to Capital Radio this morning
    This would annoy me too.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    dhope wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    I was listening to Capital Radio this morning
    This would annoy me too.
    And me. I am even more intolerant in the morning than usual. The EPO likes Radio 2, but I want to murderise Chris Evans.
  • corshamjim
    corshamjim Posts: 234
    Indeed, just when I thought R2 would become bearable after Sarah Kennedy left too... Thankfully I'm already showered and out of earshot by the time my Wife turns the radio on in the morning.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I think I remember (my memory seems more and more falible these days) that if you ALWAYS play the same numbers and for whatever reason you don't on the week that those numbers come up, Camelot give you a fair chunk of change to soften the blow and for good PR on their part.

This may be total bobbins.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Great advert for the lottery.
  • Mr Sharky
    Mr Sharky Posts: 172
    Never ceases to amaze me... but *if* they *had* played the same numbers *that* week... there's absolutley no guarantee that the same numbers would have been drawn.

Trillions upon trillions of little differences later (which in turn have caused other changes) would mean that, in all likeliness, different numbers would have been drawn out.

Human nature though assumes that "I *would* have won *if* I'd used the same numbers *that* week!".
    Hairy-legged roadie ( FCN 4 )
    Occasional fixed ( FCN 6 )
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    At least they saved a pound though.