Offense or wot?

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
BMC have an adults "womens specific" bike that is called, I kid you not, the SPARKLE! :shock:

Are they serious? Or do they, like me, try to see how many people you can wind up in one go!

What do you think would be the best name for a woman's bike...

I'll get the popcorn!
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Given the Cove name all their bikes after sexy things (handjob, hummer, STD, stiffee etc), I could imagine a Hardtail called the vibrator.

I'm actually surprised they ve not done that yet...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • neiltb
    neiltb Posts: 332
    well if men get the GT aggressor, why not sparkle to even the field. Or should it be the battered wife?
    FCN 12
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    does SPARKLE imply the rider has been VIRGAZZLED
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    I bet it's got some pink, lilac or purple paint on it somewhere as well like all WSD bikes do? In fact I think that's what differentiates a WSD bike from a normal small frame (well, that and a special saddle designed for larger backsides!)
  • They're coated in special anti nag paint, it reduces the amount you hear by 29% as they complain the bike doesn't have a basket.
  • team47b
    Pross wrote:
    I bet it's got some pink, lilac or purple paint on it somewhere as well like all WSD bikes do? In fact I think that's what differentiates a WSD bike from a normal small frame (well, that and a special saddle designed for larger backsides!)

Spot on.

Actually that would be a good name for the saddle :shock:
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    They should have one called the Mistral because ...
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • cadenzaaa
    cadenzaaa Posts: 36
    Apparently the chicks from Commuting speak highly of the Raleigh Munter :lol:
    Apologies to anyone I may have offended with previous sig.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    don't the commuting girls have the Giant RS
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • team47b
    Giant have a WSD 'lifestyle' bike called...

THE SIMPLE

Not too many gears on that one, just six I believe :D

Who in their right mind would BUY a bike called simple?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Charge name their entire range for girls :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • team47b wrote:
    Giant have a WSD 'lifestyle' bike called...

THE SIMPLE

Not too many gears on that one, just six I believe :D

Who in their right mind would BUY a bike called simple?

Cube Attempt !? What a lame name that is ! Might as well be called the Cube "Had a go, didn't get on with it...now on ebay"
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • team47b
    As I may have mentioned before, Kona* is the name that gets me, you can get a full range of merchandise with that name on, imagine walking around portugal in a beanie hat with Kona on it!

*Kona (with a c not a k but pronounced the same) is the c word here! :shock:
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Cube Attempt !? What a lame name that is ! Might as well be called the Cube "Had a go, didn't get on with it...now on ebay"

Some of Cube's names read like they just bought an English dictionary and picked out names at random ('Agree''? 'Editor'??).

And this one is presumably popular on the Commuting forum: http://www.cube.eu/en/tour/cls/cross-lady/
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    We have two Cubes here... an Agree and an Attention. Nonsense. Good bikes though...
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    RDW wrote:
    And this one is presumably popular on the Commuting forum: http://www.cube.eu/en/tour/cls/cross-lady/

The perfect name!!

And the male version is the Cube Furious?? :lol: