PSA:Carrera Blast for £189

The Spiderman
The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
Just to give you a heads up.The Carrera Blast is on offer at £189 at Halfords currently if you are looking for a good 24" wheel mtb.

[url]ttp://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_729065_langId_-1_categoryId_165602[/url]
2006 Giant XTC
2010 Giant Defy Advanced
2016 Boardman Pro 29er
2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
2017 Canondale Supersix Evo

Comments

• swelsbyuk
    swelsbyuk Posts: 421
    My daughter is currently using a 20" Carrera Blast which I am quite underwhelmed with (my fault, I bought it).

I suppose, for the price, it's not too bad but, personally, I would try and find a little extra and buy something a little better. I wish I had.
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    swelsbyuk wrote:
    My daughter is currently using a 20" Carrera Blast which I am quite underwhelmed with (my fault, I bought it).

I suppose, for the price, it's not too bad but, personally, I would try and find a little extra and buy something a little better. I wish I had.

Really? Why`s that.My daughter both have Carrera Lunas and they are pretty much comparable with most of their big brand competitors.Not in the Isla bike league but I reckon almost as good as a Specialized for much less.......
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • swelsbyuk
    swelsbyuk Posts: 421
    It's hard to put my finger on why I am not too keen. She had a secondhand 20" Islabike before this and everything was smooth on it, but we sold it as she wanted something "harder hitting". On the Isla, the gears, the pedalling, the brakes etc were great. On the Blast the gears are good but that's about it. I would keep the secondhand Isla if I had my time again.