a big thank you

Skippy2309
Skippy2309 Posts: 426
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Just to say a massive thanks to the gentleman who stopped to ask of I needed help when I stopped on the side of the a40 and the young lady who also stopped to see if I was ok, I am fine (albeit a lil sore) the steed how ever is not, saddle clamp is knackered which meant a very uncomfortable coming to a halt and I have some how damaged the chainring, which has to be a record for a single commute and only my 4th on the fixed gear this year.

Haven't ridden properly since last year as I had complications after knee surgery, feels soo good to be back on 2 wheels

Anyone that sees a black frame with orange deep section rims and orange chain feel free to say hello especially if I am struggling to get my 16stone frame up a hill lol

Ps what's 50x15 and 50x14 in Gear inches as I was asked what I was riding and I couldn't remember which way round I
had the wheel.
FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Skippy2309 wrote:
    Just to say a massive thanks to the gentleman who stopped to ask of I needed help when I stopped on the side of the a40 and the young lady who also stopped to see if I was ok, I am fine (albeit a lil sore) the steed how ever is not, saddle clamp is knackered which meant a very uncomfortable coming to a halt and I have some how damaged the chainring, which has to be a record for a single commute and only my 4th on the fixed gear this year.

Haven't ridden properly since last year as I had complications after knee surgery, feels soo good to be back on 2 wheels

Anyone that sees a black frame with orange deep section rims and orange chain feel free to say hello especially if I am struggling to get my 16stone frame up a hill lol

Ps what's 50x15 and 50x14 in Gear inches as I was asked what I was riding and I couldn't remember which way round I
    had the wheel.

What is your wheel size?

50x14
    26" = 92.9"
    700c = 94.2
    29" = 103.6"

50x15
    26" = 86.7"
    700c = 87.9"
    29" = 96.7"

Thats some pretty high gearing, especially for someone just recovered from knee surgery. I hope the hill wasn't very steep or long!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Skippy2309
    Skippy2309 Posts: 426
    The gearing is a tad high I used to spin on it, I say 16stone but its a lot of muscle mass as I couldn't ride I was lifting weights. The a40 is basically a few short flattish climbs, nothing exactly challenging, although there are a few places where I have to really mash the pedals, my missus keeps telling me off, but how good I feel after the ride in the morning and how refreshed I feel after work its well worth the effort.

They are 700c wheels, everyone seems to think its a huge gearing but its not that difficult to ride, you get used to it, just don't do any big climbs or standing starts up slopes as it can be embarrassing lol
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)