Pedal advice

blablablacksheep
blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
So i havnt really got a road bike....... :shock:

Just a Rockhopper with skinny...well not skinny just 2.2 size tyres.....but road none the less(performance plus pain in the arse to get on but very good none the less ones)

But currently my eggbeater pedals have some issues, i seem to be slipping a lot in them, either due to the cleats wearing down very quickly or maybe bad positioning of my shoes(right side is perfect nearly ,but left side foot turns out slightly so near impossible i find to get setup correctly.)

With this in mind thinking of upgrading from my basic candy eggbeaters (£15 quid, not bad) to something better but unsure what.

Not sure if i should get Eggbeaters again, though dont really need thier trail/mud release ability now im on the road mostly,
or some Shimano M530 Trail pedals
Or go for some Shimano XT M780 pedals without the cage..
(never used shimano pedals before just so you know)
Suggestions?
London2Brighton Challange 100k!
http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners

Comments

• andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    i went from eggbeaters to time, better reliability.

remember, you can adjust the position of the cleats to suit your foot. i have similar 'problems'. the other thing is that practically nobody has perfectly aligned feet, so most people adjust the cleats to suite.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • The "problem " i have is when my shoes are clipped in my left foot points/turns outwards thus the inside of the shoe rubs on the crank arm quite a lot, thus many scuff marks.

This i think is due to my left knee rather than being over the middle of the foot like the right knee but more outward on the foot.

So with cleats it bloody hard to set up as i feel i cannot get my cleat so that my foot is near the cranks enough, and when i try all that happends is the foot slips out the pedal.

might try the Shimano ones as i know they bad for knees but at least they lock the foot into a position, so might be usefull given my "problem"
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners