Ridley Aeron Frame,

Proff
Proff Posts: 41
edited March 2012 in Workshop
Hi all.
First post. Hope I've got it in the right section.
I have bought a Ridley Aeron frame to build up a winter training bike. 2008 I think. It's new and had been on display in the shop for a while.
It's got a couple of marks on it, which I can live with, but when I have come to start building it up, I have noticed an unusual indentation in the frame.
It's on the right hand side of the seat tube, roughly where the front mech would go. The paint's not broken though. I've checked my other bikes and my wifes, non have it.
I know a few people on this site have this bike, and wondered if someone could just check their frame to see if they've got the same thing.
If it's not right, I think I'll return the frame. It was cheap, but not cheap enough to have a dent in it.
Thanks all
Steve

Comments

• TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    I've heard of small indentations in the chain stay to accommodate chain rings before, but not on the seat tube. Can you post a picture - perhaps that'll give us more of a clue?
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    It's meant to be there. When you put the chainset and front mech on, all will become clear...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Proff
    Proff Posts: 41
    Thanks for that. The frame stays. I start building tomorrow! :D