My MRI results ....

slowlanejane
slowlanejane Posts: 312
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Had an MRI yesterday on lower spine. Took a sneak peek at the images today. Kinda wish I hadn't as I've learnt that A) I'm fat. I knew that already of course but it's a humbling thing to be faced with the MRI evidence. B) I have white bits in my lungs that look alarming, off to the doccy's methinks regarding that. and C) my back appears to be - scuse the french technical term - f*cked.

Mind you, what do I know about reading MRIs? Not a lot, so hopefully I'm wrong. But one of my vertebra is definately out of alignment to the others. And my spine is all wonky. Maybe that's normal.

Physio today, consultants tomorrow, find out then what it all means.

Trying not to get in a flap in the meantime.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    These things always look worse than they are. My back xrays, the chiropractor told me he would have said it was the back of someone in their 50s (I was 35 at the time) and my pelvis was very unbalanced. I also had some dodgy looking dark mass in my stomach area. I asked what it was likely to be and was told I was likely to be needing the toilet soon!
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Yeah - trying to interpret images with a) no formal training and b) only a quick glance is never really going to do much good. Don't worry about any of it until you've spoken to the doctors - and if there is anything in your lungs, they'll find that too - but it's probably nothing and you just saw something that's completely normal
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...