edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
well its that time of year again.....

Spring is here!!
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Eldest son's birthday too, twelve today. :D
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    And now my days start getting longer than yours! I love the rate at which things improve at this time of year. Because we go from much shorter days to much longer days, the rate of change is faster and really quite noticeable
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    And now my days start getting longer than yours! I love the rate at which things improve at this time of year. Because we go from much shorter days to much longer days, the rate of change is faster and really quite noticeable

Ahh the good old summer days of playing outside in daylight till well post 11pm
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    A friend of mine was in the far north of Norway recently. I think he said sunset was moving at the rate of 15 minutes a day.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Veronese68 wrote:
    A friend of mine was in the far north of Norway recently. I think he said sunset was moving at the rate of 15 minutes a day.

It's about a minute a day down here I think at the start and end of the day :(
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Veronese68 wrote:

It's about a minute a day down here I think at the start and end of the day :(
    I think I'd rather be down here all things considered. He also said it was about -20'C, and they told him it was mild! He was on a snowmobile trek at the time, at least that sounded like fun.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337

Ahh the good old summer days of playing outside in daylight till well post 11pm

Yup - It's nice to be able to climb a Munro or cycle to Ullapool after work.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    The first day of Spring was very springlike here in the middle. Rode in Salcey Forest this morning and it is like a ticking bomb, just waiting for the buds to explode into blossom & leaf :D Looking forward to a few days break in Cheshire next week.
    The older I get the faster I was