Bergen to Trodheim, anyone done it

hdow
hdow Posts: 184
edited March 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi

Anyone done Bergen to Trondheim? Thinking of August this year. hove done Trodheim north before

Advice on campsites, roads, tunels & ferries much appreciated.

Any must see places?

Thanks

HarryD

Comments

• jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cycling-Europe- ... 0330285475
    The route is included in this guys book..and on my own wishlist.I love this book....Only a penny on amazon
    jc
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Can you get to Bergen by Ferry these days?
    I rode up to Bergen from Oslo. The best airport for arrival is probably Haugesund, to the south . There is a good campsite 2 miles from the town centre, some good bike shops, supermarkets etc to stock up.
    Another good campsite is at Osoyro, a day's ride north from Haugesund but there is a bus connection with bike rack.
    Wild camping is permitted but not feasable in many populated parts of Norway. The ground is either farmland, urban or steep rocky hillside with no space for tents.
  • robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    Newcastle to Bergen, did it about 7 years ago, maybe 15 hours on the ferry.
  • Tim Farr
    Tim Farr Posts: 665
    The Fjord Line's Newcastle - Bergen ( Haugesund and Stavanger en route) ferry ceased a few years ago. Which is a real shame. In 2004 I flew Ryanair Stansted - Haugesund and returned Bergen - Newcastle on the ferry. I'm out of date on flights but if there are planes to Bergen, Stavanger or Haugesund then a return ticket is probably your best option.
    T Farr