Recalcitrant Pedals

2»

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I used to know a good catholic girl in my teenage years. She had very strict, very catholic parents and wasn't allowed out to parties unless adults that they knew were there and definitely not pub or clubs at all.
    On the weekend of her seventeenth birthday she was allowed to go to a church 'disco' in central London with some friends. She ended up being impregnated by an Italian exchange student in Hyde Park and was a single mum by the age of 18. Apparently she went from first kiss to impregnated in about three hours.
    True story.

I should not laugh, but you now owe me a new keyboard.....

:-) :-)
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    have you tried using the frame for leverage?
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    spasypaddy wrote:

I used this for leverage:

hOvAkInTO0OkpiIvMzTFEPBhXP6lpFL6T9IJRuV8VYmeE7j-qCgVsMIBx3IDDlsYbs7IaRmYMd95PSA76AnilwonwqfCQQcGtAT9RQ0uJlN4WEWD3We-5eNDvV-gaSEcNyC4yjc6VOVl-lJcjVw0wSQftkks8XT5UXNT526f1HtsurS2lXQRmUY4EIMqXzj6BiI2sIa3LVCb4I95HIwX9JdQGGbWSlMyxmdiGkzR-k9O3J9jGpB2ZZHae9WdlpqXcwP2ka9JqZ6eOQ
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    Last time I couldn't get a set of pedals off (after using a pedal wrench and jumping up and down on it), I went to the local Evans and asked if I could borrow a longer wrench to give it a go. The guy in the shop took pity on me and used a very large wrench and brute force to get them off... and then fitted the new ones free which was v nice of him. Lesson - give the bike to a burd and get her to take it to an LBS!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    spasypaddy wrote:

I used this for leverage...

You want a bigger hammer on it, like this. :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    gtvlusso wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I used to know a good catholic girl in my teenage years. She had very strict, very catholic parents and wasn't allowed out to parties unless adults that they knew were there and definitely not pub or clubs at all.
    On the weekend of her seventeenth birthday she was allowed to go to a church 'disco' in central London with some friends. She ended up being impregnated by an Italian exchange student in Hyde Park and was a single mum by the age of 18. Apparently she went from first kiss to impregnated in about three hours.
    True story.

I should not laugh, but you now owe me a new keyboard.....

:-) :-)

Update: I've spoken to a mutual friend and it turns out the girl in question (who we used to call "Preggers") was 16, not 17 when she got knocked up.
    The scary thought is that her kid is now older than I was when he was concieved.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Who'd have thought I'd be a mod.

You look more like a rocker than mod 8)
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,333
    @OP

Have your knuckles been torn to shreds by the chainring yet?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    "PIN number" also bugs me as PIN stands for Personal Idendification NUMBER.

Yes, but talking about PINs just makes people think you are referring to pointy things. It's the fault of the people who called them PINs in the first place. They should of course have referred to PI numbers......... (ahhh, no that doesn't work either...)

In anycase, they are a bit of a misnomer as they don't really identify any person at all.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Rolf F wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    "PIN number" also bugs me as PIN stands for Personal Idendification NUMBER.

Yes, but talking about PINs just makes people think you are referring to pointy things. It's the fault of the people who called them PINs in the first place. They should have course have referred to PI numbers......... (ahhh, no that doesn't work either...)

In anycase, they are a bit of a misnomer as they don't really identify any person at all.......

Pie numbers are like bicycle numbers. The required number is P+1. Mmmm, pie.