Lights to be seen by

rob13
rob13 Posts: 430
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
I'm after a set of easy on/easy off lights which I can use on my commute. I fancied the Knog Boomers and could get a set for under £30 but then read about the poor build quality etc. Are there any other lights using a similar fixing mechanism which can just be added or removed in seconds? I dont want ugly brackets all over the bike when I'm not using the lights as its my one and only bike and like to keep it as light as possible.

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Is removing the lights going to make a performance improvement, or do you actually mean "when I'm not using them I want to take them off so the bike looks prettier"?

Exposure flash flare set.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rob13
    rob13 Posts: 430
    Well as I mentioned, I dont want ugly brackets all over the bike. I also dont like anything attached to it that doesnt need to be, hence the preference for an all in one solution.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    If you want a set for under £30 and dont want any brackets etc, I found the Blackburn Click's are about the brightest. Found them really cheap on ebay too, see: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blackburn-Voy ... 2316c99926 or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blackburn-Voy ... 61cd0b11e3 for example.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Outside your budget but Hope Vision 1 LED uses a quick release clamp.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I know that there have been some negative comments about the knogs, but my experience with them has been absolutely flawless.

I have a pair of Skullys on the fixeh - been on there for over a year and have not even changed the batteries yet - stupidly bright for a couple of little LEDs.

I have Gekkos front and rear on the CX and again they've been faultless (although there are too many flash options IMO - just makes for a load of unecessary button pushes).

I have Boomers on the ladies bikes - and again no issues.

Overall I rate the Skullys the highest for price / performanc / simplicity and the Gekkos for apparent robustness.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.