a day out in the country

Comments

• kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    A guard's van, those were the days, there must be 30+ bikes in there!

No Rapha or Assos or a sniff of carbon, apart from in that guys pipe, just gallons of Brylcreem.

Nice one CC. :)
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    saw you this morning Kev, on the A205. I was just about to pull up along side you and say hi but you turned left down Castlenau

You keep that bike mighty shiny!
  • Spiffing fun!!
  • "It's just like new potatoes with a hint of mint".

You realise all the cyclists featured will be dead by now don't you?

No helmets or hi-viz see.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    saw you this morning Kev, on the A205. I was just about to pull up along side you and say hi but you turned left down Castlenau

You keep that bike mighty shiny!

I was umming and ahhing whether to Embankment or not, but decided to try and get in the office before 9am :)

Rocked up at 1 minute past, pah!

The Cougar is the weekend bike, commuter, best bike and general workhorse so it it gets a bit of TLC on a Sunday.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,359
    Ace.

Anyone else spot the hipster dismount by the guy in plus fours near the beginning?

My grandfather was a keen cycle tourist of about this era, and continued cycling until his hips gave up in his 80s. He took a camera with him on his tours of Cheshire and North Wales and we have an album or two full of little cigarette card-sized grainy black and white photos. I have a long term plan to try and follow some of his old routes from the photos.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition