Herne Hill Training

jzed
jzed Posts: 2,926
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
So is this definitely on this Tuesday evening? Anyone know if an induction is needed and what the cost is?

Anyone planning on going?

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I'm in work til 7 tomorrow so it's unlikely unless they don't mind newbies turning up late, but I'm definitely interested in general so will do another evening if not tomorrow
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    The Tuesday evening sessions don't kick off for a few more weeks (17th April).

I don't think an induction is necessary for road bike training (it's a bit of a free for all), but I'd check via the HH website as I suspect this year will be the busiest ever at Herne Hill.

Saturday track riding has commenced (induction and training for 8 quid)...
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Provided I don't get told no biking by the cOnsultant I'm in but not tomorrow.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Be game when this kicks off in a month.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    17th April then, I'm in.

---

Road Bike Session
    Running from 17th April 2012 to 27th September 2012. These sessions are unstructured and are open to both adults and children (if supervised)

18:00 - 20:00 Road Bike Training
    Adults: £6
    Juniors: £2 Ride your own road bike on the track. This is an unstructured session, so you get what you want out of it. Herne Hill is a medium banked track, and being 30 degrees at its steepest point means road bikes can ride round it safely. This session is for road riders who want a controlled-traffic free environment to train in, and is very popular with triathletes and time trialists.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    OT - but for anyone who likes riding round and round in circles but fancies something a bit more competitive, there's a series of 10 mile TTs at the Hillingdon circuit over the Summer, run by the Westerley CC. No need to have a racing licence, or anything like that, just turn up and enter. You don't need a TT bike, plenty of people do it on road bikes, there are normally a couple of recumbents, and even the occasional MTB and folder. It's alternate Wednesdays, I think the start's around 7.15 pm, and the first one must be pretty soon...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    TGOTB wrote:
    OT - but for anyone who likes riding round and round in circles but fancies something a bit more competitive, there's a series of 10 mile TTs at the Hillingdon circuit over the Summer, run by the Westerley CC. No need to have a racing licence, or anything like that, just turn up and enter. You don't need a TT bike, plenty of people do it on road bikes, there are normally a couple of recumbents, and even the occasional MTB and folder. It's alternate Wednesdays, I think the start's around 7.15 pm, and the first one must be pretty soon...

I like riding round and round in circles, especially with hangovers. Ideally followed with some local entertainment. Can you promise Doombar and a good punch up?
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    JZed wrote:
    I like riding round and round in circles, especially with hangovers. Ideally followed with some local entertainment. Can you promise Doombar and a good punch up?
    I'm sure we could find Doombar locally, but I'd be very surprised if the sort of entertainment you have in mind is available at this end of the M4...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Bump..

Hmm looks like Tue is going to be a wash out! Also Have to give one these Hillingdon TTs a go!
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    The saturday morning track induction sessions at Herne Hill are fantastic for anyone who hasn't ridden on a track before. Excellent value at £8, which covers bike hire and instruction. Can't recommend enough.
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    Gussio wrote:
    The saturday morning track induction sessions at Herne Hill are fantastic for anyone who hasn't ridden on a track before. Excellent value at £8, which covers bike hire and instruction. Can't recommend enough.

think I may give this a go. What sort of level of fitness we talking?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Yukirin wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

think I may give this a go. What sort of level of fitness we talking?

For the induction not much at all, you'll probably get a bit tired when you stay on to the beginners training... you'll be buzzing though. if the pace gets too much you just head up to the top, it's very well done.

It's great.. do it.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14