Campagnolo Spares

Wirral_paul
Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
edited March 2012 in Workshop
Evenin all

Has anyone bought any spare parts for Campagnolo groupsets recently?? I need a spare nut after damaging a torx nut attaching the ergo lever to the handlebar clamp after the torx bit slipped (my fault for not removing the rubber hood) :(

I emailed Italian Cycle Products Ltd last night but no reply yet. May ring them unless someone has experience and a better suggestion

Ta

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Woohoo - found them!!

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/Ergopower-Fixing-Clamp-inc-bolt-and-nut-EC-SR003-each/CAMPBRZZ240000000000?utm_campaign=Googlebase&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=Googlebase

Well thats a new one on me. Just had to drill the head off the stripped nut and the nut was actually bottomed out against the band - stopping it tightening further!! The lever was not quite tightened enough however - guess its simply down to the shape of the lever body and bars.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Paul,

You will also find that a rear brake fixing bolt will also fit. You just need to get the right length.

Don't feel too bad I have stripped two of these nuts :oops: and people say you don't need a torque wrench
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • The official importer of Campagnolo components and spares in the UK is Chicken Cycles. Has been for a while now.

http://www.chickencycles.co.uk/brands.php

You can't buy directly from them. Unfortunately, having talked to them at a bike show recently they seem less than interested in maintaining spare parts, even though Campag stuff is generally fully rebuildable.
  • Wirral_paul
    I tried all i could to remove the nut without damaging the bolt last night Coach. However, despite my best efforts of cutting a slot, it didnt work due to the relatively soft alloy nut, and i ended up drilling the whole head off which damaged the end of the bolt. The main body is untouched at least so no great damage done (just to the wallet as £14 for the new clamp etc)

Anyway, ordered a new nut, bolt and clamp from SJS Cycles and so hopefully that will arrive before the weekend. 8)
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    R J Chicken, although a main importer, seem to carry verylimited stock of spares. Likewise Jim Walker (i-Ride).

Best source for everything Campagnolo is Mercian Cycles, Derby. They've got just about everything.
  • Wirral_paul
    proto wrote:
    Best source for everything Campagnolo is Mercian Cycles, Derby. They've got just about everything.

Added to Favourites - always useful for the future - even though Campag rarely breaks unless subjected to me not using my torque wrench!! :D

Cheers Proto
  • Coach H
    proto wrote:

This is how I know about the brake bolt. Jeff from Mercian sorted me out the first time, I could even hear the rattle of jam jars in the background when I was on the phone to him :D
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    proto wrote:
    R J Chicken, although a main importer, seem to carry verylimited stock of spares. Likewise Jim Walker (i-Ride).

You might have to wait 10 years until they get round to look for what you want.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    proto wrote:

If you're talking about Mercian, that has never been my expereience. Good advice over the phone, parts usually in stock (things like Ergo shifter internals, mech cable adjusters, freehub pawl springs, etc), and prompt despatch.
  • Coach H
    proto wrote:
    proto wrote:

If you're talking about Mercian, that has never been my expereience. Good advice over the phone, parts usually in stock (things like Ergo shifter internals, mech cable adjusters, freehub pawl springs, etc), and prompt despatch.

+1