Iron Sky

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
This is out in April. Should be a great laugh if you like the comical Nazi resurrection genre like Dead Snow (Nazi Zombies) that seem to be made by Scandinavian movie makers.
This is about Nazis living on the dark side of the moon and invading present day earth. What is great about this film is that is funded by fans and cinema goers that wanted it made.

Official Theatrical Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

First 4 Minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX2cS8wvQHI
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Think I read somewhere that its been funded and promoted by a ministry in the German Government and is the first real attempt they have ever made at supporting any kind of media which makes reference to the War.
  • I believe the director and most of the production team hail (excuse the pun) from Finland, a country that makes up a part of the Nordic region but is not in Scandinavia.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Anyone seen this yet? I was planning to see it this Friday, but can't see it on any of the listings. Has it been and gone or has it not been released yet?
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    tim wand wrote:
    Think I read somewhere that its been funded and promoted by a ministry in the German Government and is the first real attempt they have ever made at supporting any kind of media which makes reference to the War.

In a related note, slightly off-topic so apologies, my German girlfriend tells me that we British are much more hung up about WWII than the Germans.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ben6899 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

In a related note, slightly off-topic so apologies, my German girlfriend tells me that we British are much more hung up about WWII than the Germans.

No nation is more hung up about it than the Brits.

The Dutch only mention it with regard to football, and there at least the feeling is mutual - the Germans hate the Dutch in football.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Ben6899 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

The Dutch only mention it with regard to football, and there at least the feeling is mutual - the Germans hate the Dutch in football.

What was that banner that the Dutch fans unveiled at Euro 88 with reference to the occupation? something like 'We've come to get our bicycles back!' I thought it was quite funny.
  • rick_chasey
    Ben6899 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

What was that banner that the Dutch fans unveiled at Euro 88 with reference to the occupation? something like 'We've come to get our bicycles back!' I thought it was quite funny.

Pretty much.

Under occupation the Germans took a lot of their bikes away.

It runs that much deeper when your nation was occupied... My Dutch grandfather was an ex-pro footballer - actually got a few call ups to the national team but couldn't do it for boring financial reasons. You should have heard him when he was still fit enough to stand to watch a Holland v Germany match. He can't do it any more - too much stress for the old body.

He's certainly got some stories - one to do with doing the err, 'salute'.

The Dutch didn't:SFA03_SFA001004857_X.jpg

Unfortunately, the Brits did, though I believe the players didn't want to but were pressured by some UK diplomats:

2489097.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    As an aside, I love the place. :)
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Crapaud wrote:
    Anyone seen this yet? I was planning to see it this Friday, but can't see it on any of the listings. Has it been and gone or has it not been released yet?

Apparently you have to petition to get it shown near you? I guess they are struggling with distribution costs?

http://www.ironsky.net/site/support/how-to-support/
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Crapaud wrote:

Apparently you have to petition to get it shown near you? I guess they are struggling with distribution costs?

http://www.ironsky.net/site/support/how-to-support/
    Cheers! It seems a bit bizzar, but I signed anyway as I've been looking forward to seeing it for ages.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill