Scott Addict R1

markwb79
markwb79 Posts: 937
edited March 2012 in Your road bikes
I have started to finally get together bits for my first complete build. I am selling the Trek to make way for a Scott Addict R1. Took me a while to find a bike with the geomtry that I liked, and am really pleased with what I have got now.

Basic details will be -

Matt black 2011 frame - 52cm
Super Record 2012 - Ti version, 53/39 with a 12/25 cassette
3T Ltd bar, stem and seat post
Zipp 303 wheels

All the work I have done on bikes in the past has been on Shimano, so I am learning some of the new things. Especially the different tools I have needed, but I think its worth the investment in the long run.

The first unboxing two weeks ago
Scott.JPG

Just checking what it will look like with the wheels
Scott2.JPG

Picked up the groupset a week ago and its all going well....Fitted the cassette to a different set of wheels while I try to source a Campag body for my Zipp's

Scott3.JPG

Chain was installed last night, hope to get the gears set up this week. Then a final glitch with the rear brake cable. Hoping its first ride will be next Saturday.
Scott Addict 2011
Giant TCR 2012

Comments

• This is going to be fab!
    I hope you enjoy yours as much as i'm enjoying mine, the ride is just superb.

Just curious where did you source your frame from?
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    loving the look of that stealthy lookin! Ive got the addict too love the ride its super fast.
  • markwb79
    Either from Slane or Westbrook, cant remember now as it was at the beginning of the year. Took a lot of searching, contacted a lot of Scott dealers and distributors.

Are they your cars in the background as well?

Hope to get more done on it on Wednesday evening, so all ready for the weekend is the plan!
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    nice wheels looks like it flyes standing still good cycling!
    going downhill slowly
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Nice wheels...
    Stealth bomber...
  • markwb79
    Finally got the Scott in a ridable state last night. First test ride was this morning, really felt brilliant, felt fast and super smooth at holding a line. Although I felt a lot more of the road compared to my Colnago.

Changes to come.......Black saddle when I find one that is comfortable for me. Take down the stack height, might even more to a -17deg stem to get a little lower. Also a new Garmin at some point.

Scott4.JPG
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012