front mech variations ...

lasty
lasty Posts: 218
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Afternoon , sorting out the front mech on a pinnacle arrow (3x9) i`m building and coming up with all kinds of `issues` !
I don`t usually have any problems fine tuning but wondering if the X7 mech i`m trying to set is suitable - am i missing something basic such as the standard shimano m-770 being low clamp and the X7 i had kicking around is high clamp ...
Might have been an 8 speed the X7 came off , possibly a 42 tooth and the new crank is a 44 ?? I`m guessing the 2 teeth difference wont affect the operation ....?
Any help much appreciated

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    High clamp or low clamp makes little difference, as long as they fit on the seat tube without fouling anything.

42/44 usually makes little difference - just make sure is the right height to clear the outer by about 1-2mm.
  • lasty
    lasty Posts: 218
    Thanks for the info rearding the clamp and extra couple of teeth , at least i know i`m on the right track and don`t have to search out a new mech ..
    Might just need a bit more fiddling and head-scratching although i can usually suss out the mech setting in a few minuites , this is being a bit more tempremental ..

Many thanks