Trek Session 8?

felix.london
felix.london Posts: 4,067
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone have any experience of this bike?

I can get a 2011 that's only been used for the end 2 months of last season for less than what I was about to pay for a YT Tues 2.0 - think the Trek's going for about €2,300 (the Tues 2.0 is €2,500)

I think it comes with a Boxxer Team where as the Tues 2.0 comes with a Boxxer R2C2 - what are the differences between these two forks?

Dirt seem to rate it ( http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirt-100-2011trek-session-8.html ) but was looking for some real world experiences

It's sitting outside a shop up the road so could take it for a test ride (if I can find anything steep enough without any snow on it :wink: )
"Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I've only seen and spoke to a guy up gisburn who was on one, he said it was a brilliant bike and I must admit it looks a really good solid bike. would love a go on one.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • felix.london
    Rode up there earlier (first ride of the season; snow, ice, mud, streams..happy days :D )

Someone has already put a deposit down. Was ready to take it there and then. Bit disappointed now. The guy in the shop was trying to sell me his battered 2010 Trek Scratch instead for €2K- didn't fancy it.

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    Just spoke to the guy that owns the shop. He has two 2011 Session 8's!

So made a deal for the other one, €2,000 cash - that's about £1650. Seems like a good price.

Trek Session 8