Squirt chain lube

jndb72
jndb72 Posts: 629
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Morning,

Now that the sunny weather is upon us I'm looking at getting a dry weather lube, and Squirt seems to have gotten good reviews. Has anybody here used it and would you reccommed it? Also, it only appears to be sold direct by the makers\importers http://www.in2dust.co.uk/Product_Info.html it dosen't seem to be available on any of the major bike web sites. Again, does anyone have experiance buying direct from these people, or is it available elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

J
2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I thought it was brilliant, best lube I've used. Must get round to buying some more!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Have bought loads of Squirt from in2dust their service is excellent. The lube itself virtually eliminates drivetrain maintenance if the chain looks a bit grubby simply wipe it off with a dry cloth and re-apply one drop on each roller and leave overnight.

Needs regular application in wet weather (we're talking every ride here). Thickens up if you freeze it and let it thaw.
  • jndb72
    Thanks, lads. Just ordered a small bottle from them to see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You won't be disappointed. Just follow the directions properly.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I`m a recent convert having used Finish line for years.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • jndb72
    I`m a recent convert having used Finish line for years.

Finish line is what I've been using. Ordered Squirt this morning and just had an email to say it's been despatched. :D
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• steve_muzzy
    steve_muzzy Posts: 259
    Scotoiler is great, fs 365 for all round the bike and lube for chain. You can order all direct from scotoiler
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Been using squirt since last summer or so. I cleaned the chain thoroughly before I put it on for the first time, but havent had to again. Despite using it all through the winter the chain is still nice and clean.
  • jndb72
    Ordered yesterday lunchtime and turned up at 9AM this morning. Cracking service fair play.
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• pseymour
    pseymour Posts: 194
    When i first got into mountain biking I researched this forum on how people maintained their chains. People Degreased their chains, cleaned them, and then squirted more dirt grabbing grease onto the chain. It seemed like an endless process to me and I'd rather be riding than degreasing. Then I tried squirt and i've never turned back. I'm really not sure why everyone doesn't use it. I reapply each ride, but my chains as clean as a whistle. That said I never ride in the gloup, so you'd have to take advice on how well Squirt holds up.
    Giant Anthem X3 2010.
  • swelsbyuk
    swelsbyuk Posts: 421
    Never heard of this product before reading this thread. However, just ordered a bottle and if it's haf as good as you guys claim then I'll be a happy, happy man.
  • mattyg2004
    mattyg2004 Posts: 196
    Also ordered
  • DHA987S
    DHA987S Posts: 284
    Having seen countless recommendations on here I bought some. Applied after the ride today. Will find out what it's like over the coming weeks i guess. Hopefully it won't attract sand like all the other lubes I have used in the past have done.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Just ordered a bottle..free delivery to France :D
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • bergie
    bergie Posts: 13
    make sure the chain is fully degresed before use and dry.The results vary considerably if you try to apply on other lube or contamintaes.Dont be afraid to lube often as unlike oil you cant do any damage as the excess wax hardens and falls off.Best to apply the night before you ride also to give it time to dry,This is less important in summer but a good habit in winter.
    Nice to read some positive comments.chain lube seems to stir alot of emotion.different enviroments,application etc can make for such different impressions.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I've found it fantastic in summer- best I've tried- but pretty useless in winter on my local trails, chainsucks constantly in conditions where my normal White Lightning wet lube doesn't. Seems OK with wet conditions elsewhere but it ruined enough rides that I won't put it on again in mud season, just in case I go somewhere with mud it can't get on with.

But for summer, sure- near-perfect.
    Uncompromising extremist