Bespoked Bristol - handmade bike show

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Anyone going this year? I'll probably be heading there for Saturday

http://www.bespokedbristol.co.uk/Bespok ... _2012.html

Some lovely stuff there to drool over last year...
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    Does look quite tempting. If the weather is good I might ride over to take a look around.

Mike
  • corshamjim
    corshamjim Posts: 234
    Yes I'm planning on cycling over there on the Saturday if the weather is clement (if not will take the train).
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Sadly, I have to be in Cheshire for a funeral. Otherwise, it would be a beer o'clock outing.....
  • corshamjim
    I've just been looking at the route for cycling from Corsham. The bit to Bath is straightforward, but NCN 4 from Bath to Temple Meads in Bristol seems a rather roundabout route. Can anyone recommend something a bit more direct without mixing it with too much traffic or is NCN 4 that much more pleasant to make the extra distance worthwhile?
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Am I being a bit tight to not want to spend £7-50 to look round some bike builders advertising their wares? I wouldn't mind a look tbh, am I missing something?
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Really interested in the frame building course. Have been mulling it over for a while, but most of the reputable courses are a long way from here; this one's new though.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,359
    corshamjim wrote:
    I've just been looking at the route for cycling from Corsham. The bit to Bath is straightforward, but NCN 4 from Bath to Temple Meads in Bristol seems a rather roundabout route. Can anyone recommend something a bit more direct without mixing it with too much traffic or is NCN 4 that much more pleasant to make the extra distance worthwhile?
    NCN4 is the Bristol to Bath Cycle Path - it's fairly direct and your alternative is really only the A4 which is a major road. The B2B path is runs along disused railway lines for most of its length and is generally a pleasant experience, esp. on a sunny Saturday morning - might get busy though.

Won't be able to make it this year, but will put it in the diary for next year.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • corshamjim
    Thanks rjsterry I'll take my time and enjoy the ride then.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    They are working on the cyclepath at present and closed from approx 3 miles from the end near Ridgeway playing fields.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    redvee wrote:
    They are working on the cyclepath at present and closed from approx 3 miles from the end near Ridgeway playing fields.
    I'd forgotten that. Should be fun trying to follow the diversions. :)

Mike
  • corshamjim
    I'll take my GPS just in case! :)