Chain guide

tankybaby66
tankybaby66 Posts: 3
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi there I'm new here, I recently purchased an old giant AC team frame and I'm struggling to find a chain guide for it as it doesn't have the universal bolt pattern for them.
I've tried searching the forum but haven't come up with an answer, can anyone recommend a chain guide for a single ring that will fit? (I'm going for single ring front and 10 spd on the back)

Thanks for any help
Jon.

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Superstar plasma, decent price and colour options, it has a BB mount option so no need for ISCG tabs
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Superstar plasma, decent price and colour options, it has a BB mount option so no need for ISCG tabs
    Does require a 68mm external BB though doesn't it?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Does require a 68mm external BB though doesn't it?

Will depend on BB/Chainset I think. I know SLX along with other shimano chainsets come with 3 x 2.5mm spacers, with a 73mm BB you use one of these on the driveside, the device replaces this. Not sure about others brands though...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    You need the specific one or th frame. Dirt control did the IIRC.

Not many others will even clear the linkage.

So find th orrect one or be prepared to get cutting on a new one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Cheers for the info guys! I'll check dirt control out and see what i can find :-)