What TV Channel to watch Cycling?

2»

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Does anyone have an e-mail for somebody at Eurosport who we might be able to send a stream of polite protest e-mails to?

I have my day all planned out...ride, lunch, Leffe, Ronde...how dare Eurosport screw it up! I don't want to watch it on some crappy stream, I want it on my 42 inch TV and good enough quality so that I can distinguish between riders!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Does anyone have an e-mail for somebody at Eurosport who we might be able to send a stream of polite protest e-mails to?

I have my day all planned out...ride, lunch, Leffe, Ronde...how dare Eurosport screw it up! I don't want to watch it on some crappy stream, I want it on my 42 inch TV and good enough quality so that I can distinguish between riders!

I can't remember the e-mail address they use.

It's pointless.

All we'll get is Harmon going on about how he doesn't decide the TV schedule and cycling fans have to share it with other sports blah blah, while Cancellara's ripping it up big style up the 2nd ride up the Kwaremont.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    1. Email Eurosport with your complaint.
    2. wait around 1 month for the reply that answers nothing.

Pointless unfortunately.
    Peter
  • Don't bother bleating to Eurosport, just watch the internet feeds from elsewhere.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Or watch RAI - Sport 2 got it on for near 5 hours solid.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Rai Sport for me from 11-20.
    Won't miss a thing.

The news for Eurosport only watchers gets worse.
    They have added another car race to their schedule,
    cutting the Ronde's opening slot to just 45 minutes.(11-45 to 12-30)
    No real coverage now, until after 2-15pm, which, imo, is pathetic.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • German channel SF2 have 205 minutes of Flanders live from 1315 CET - in case anyone can receive it.

On another point, I believe the German analogue Astra satellite signal will be switched off at the end of April, which means no more free to air Eurosport for me. A very sad day :cry: Please someone tell me I'm wrong!
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    I think its the old annalogue eurosport, where you can switch to english comm. You need a very old receiver to get it.

A more up to date receiver should still pick up the digital Eurosport for free (german comm only)

My eurosport player was fantastic y'day - great quality and never buffered once :)
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • durhamwasp wrote:
    I think its the old annalogue eurosport, where you can switch to english comm. You need a very old receiver to get it.

A more up to date receiver should still pick up the digital Eurosport for free (german comm only)

My eurosport player was fantastic y'day - great quality and never buffered once :)

My receiver's so old it should be in a museum, that's partly why I'm so fond of it :)

Would I have to reposition the dish to get the German digital version (to save me trawling TV forums that I don't really understand)?

E/S Player may be the answer, otherwise, especially since I'm away from home a lot at the moment.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Seen it posted on another forum, by a reliable source, that Eurosport 2 are showing 5 of the 6 of the 4 Days of Dunkirk, live. ( or something like that)
    Anybody else heard the rumour?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.