Mothers day in your house is ...?

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
A low key affair lasting for a few mins in the morning, normal service resumes shortly afterwards about the same time I need another coffee.

How about you?
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Children have been so excited they've been in and out of mum's room since 7 offering cups of tea ('Dad, mum wants a cup of tea'), trying to proffer the school manufactured gifts. It's now 8, mum's lie-in is over, gifts have been given (2 identical springy picture frames) (+me and the littlest one wrote a quick card at breakfast including a drawing of a tractor, some soggy cornflakes and alot of scribbling).

Better go and see Grandma too later on.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Off for a ride

Back in a few hours :D
  • xcmad
    xcmad Posts: 110
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Off for a ride

Back in a few hours :D

:-)
  • itboffin wrote:
    A low key affair lasting for a few mins in the morning, normal service resumes shortly afterwards about the same time I need another coffee.

How about you?

This.

Alas followed by a trip en famille to see my mater.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    edited March 2012
    :evil: Currently fcuekd as I'm at my office waiting for SOCO and glaziers after an early morning break-in. left a note for my wife to say that Champagne and OJ is in the fridge.

Can't even make a cup of tea as I'm not allowed to touch anything.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

How about you?

This.

Alas followed by a trip en famille to see my mater.

Ditto, except it's to the Mother Outlaw. Currently foot follower on ride (horse varietal), discussing Cheltenham, when I ought to be getting some practice in for next week's LVIS audax in Brizzle.
  • mar_k
    mar_k Posts: 323
    kids were up at 6am causing all sorts of mayhem!
    Arguing between them selfs. Its been abit mad here
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    A couple of cups of tea in bed, kids give Mum a card and present. 13 year old boy bought a card and some choice, 10 year old daughter made a card and a 'voucher' offering services to do various jobs and cook a meal. Unfortunately she also volunteered her brother for said jobs without asking. That made for an interesting conversation, fortunately I managed to avoid a major falling out with some remarkably quick thinking for a Sunday morning.
    My Mum has gone to Italy for a week so we are feeding my Dad. Fry up coming soon.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Never existed in my house.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    woke up with a banging hangover after too many Guinesses last night - so the missus fed me brekkie. Then we headed to Claremont Landscape Gardens where I gave the wife her present: a year's NT membership.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    woke up with a banging hangover after too many Guinesses last night - so the missus fed me brekkie. Then we headed to Claremont Landscape Gardens where I gave the wife her present: a year's NT membership.

Gave it to her in the garden ...? you dirt bag :roll: :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    The usual fayre. We'd rather get her something she wants and the normal answer is "something for the garden" So I told her I would buy her a spade and bury her with it. Thankfully she appreciates the humour.

In the end she got a greenhouse + shelves but she's at work and can't enjoy it :S I'm just back from a ride.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Gave my wife a bunch of flowers, some chocolates, the Tintin game for PS3, and Sherlock Series 2 on DVD. All "from the kids" (but paid for by me, and the latter two hinted at by mum). Phoned my mum to see if she's in so I can take round some flowers and a book; turns out she's in Brighton, visiting my sister.

Wife is now in the conservatory, playing Tintin with the lad.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    clarkey cat wrote:woke up with a banging hangover after too many Guinesses last night - so the missus fed me brekkie. Then we headed to Claremont Landscape Gardens where I gave the wife her present: a year's NT membership.

Gave it to her in the garden ...? you dirt bag

just outside the garden. we couldnt get in until I had given it to her. with everyone watching too. still quite alot of guys obviously had the same thought as me and there were loads of us all giving it to our wives outside the garden.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    clarkey cat wrote:woke up with a banging hangover after too many Guinesses last night - so the missus fed me brekkie. Then we headed to Claremont Landscape Gardens where I gave the wife her present: a year's NT membership.

Gave it to her in the garden ...? you dirt bag

just outside the garden. we couldnt get in until I had given it to her. with everyone watching too. still quite alot of guys obviously had the same thought as me and there were loads of us all giving it to our wives outside the garden.

looked quite busy as I went past around lunchtime.

handy cafe for MTB/CX.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Mrs ini's getting into home baking right now. So we wandered around a few shop and I let her buy a few bits to help her make me MOAR CAIKKKKKKKKK after the obligatory box of chocolates and a chic flick went down like a lead balloon and the 'from scratch' croissants that we're supposed to be breakfast weren't ready until well past mid-day.

One mini ini had 2 birthday parties, the other was invited to one of these, somehow we worked around it.

Meatballs (from scratch again) for dinner, so plenty of Spouse Points. I should probably get off here and go offer to watch said chic flick with her. See if I can't score enough points to level up. Wonder what I'll unlock?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Spent the day at the Natural History Museum, with dinner afterwards.

Knackered the kids out a treat.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    :-D Worked out well in the end.

Apologetic call from my MD about the events at the office buggering up Mother's day for me. "Take them out for lunch on your company credit card" he said. So I did.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Made Rhubarb, strawberry and ginger muffins for breakfast with the kids. A walk in the spring sunshine around the local estate's grounds and out for Tapas in the evening.
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Poor Mum slaving away during the day at her dissertation for her nursing degree!

Kids arrive at 5pm, one on her way to a nightshift at A&E in Tooting, the other two stay for a jolly and relaxed takeaway.......even better news, WeyHey!! Dad's not paying.

There are a few benefits as the get older!! :)
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I've got to the point where even my presence is enough. So AFTER a 4 hour ride I went round briefly to be fed and watered.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    A quiet affair: Lie-in for Mrs SS whilst I fed the kids and then went out for a ride (with her permission) then quick shower for me and off to Pizza Express for lunch, ha ha, I know how to treat my lovely wife :D

Then to outlaws as FIL has been ill

Pressies? I think Mother's Day is ********** and another consumerist excuse, but a garden centre voucher much liked

Oh, and I forgot to ring my Mum...:(

It's just a hill. Get over it.