Cringe!

petemadoc
petemadoc Posts: 2,331
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Just popped to Tesco and as I was leaving this lady in a Vectra zooms out of carpark T junctiony thing right into my path, like right next to me and to my left is a parked lorry. So there I am sandwiched between her car and this lorry, I smack the side of her car before she crushes me and start loosing my balance so I use her car to keep myself upright.

She continues on slowly and I pedal up to her window with my best "not impressed love" face, and quite loudly saying "you could have killed me there, look where you're bloody going". As I get level I realise it's one of the mums from my kids school.

That's going to be embarrassing at the school gate on Monday!

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Check she heard and say it again
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Bet she's looking forward to Monday.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    Who cares about embarrasing? She probably drives like that on the school run, so all the better I say.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    She needed telling - next cyclist might not be so lucky
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Not excusing her driving in any way, but is she a Yummy Mummy? Cos this would give you your opening :wink:
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    kelsen wrote:
    Not excusing her driving in any way, but is she a Yummy Mummy? Cos this would give you your opening :wink:

If only . . . .

Alright darlin, you nearly killed me the other day, fancy a drink?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    My wife got into a row with a bloke on the school run. He moved into the house over the road 3 days later. I can't say we talk to him much.
  • Shem
    Shem Posts: 24
    I find a quick shake of the fist and perhaps a two-fingered gesture works quite well, it saves being recognised.
    GMT +8
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    kelsen wrote:

You've got to make your own luck, good thinking...
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Greg T wrote:
    kelsen wrote:

You've got to make your own luck, good thinking...
    "Your Honour, it's not what it looks like! I was hanging around outside the school for a different reason!"