LBS scamming me ?

uktitan
uktitan Posts: 9
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Just had my BB bearings changed at the LBS because they had gone.. Now the bearings in the BB feel S***.. When i spin the pedals round it slows down as if they are catching, have they not been installed correctly, or is this just signs of new bearings ? Ill be taking it back to the LBS tomorrow depending on what advice i get.
Thanks in advance
ben

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    take it back.....it's not right, unless the frame face is out....new BB's should be silky smooth
  • What type of bb? New shimano square taper (un26 or 51) can feel almost notchy out of the box (i.e. with nothing attached or installed). Shimano external bb out of the box seem to have some resistance too. Sure if you have any doubts LBS will be happy to address them and even let you play with a new bb or two...
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    is the chain on when you do this? have you checked the jockey wheels? take the chain off, spin cranks, spin jockey wheels. how does it feel now?
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • baznav73
    baznav73 Posts: 111
    not uncommon for new shimano hollowtechs to be a little stiff untill the grease disperses but you don't say what bb it is.