Can anyone tell me what this bike is like

2wheelsonit
2wheelsonit Posts: 72
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
It's a corrotec xvert expert - how does it compare to a vulcan/rockrider 5.3?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=69515

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It's not too bad at all - as basic rockshox fork, but it is at least damped. The rest of the kit is actually pretty good, nice tyres and low weight for the money.
  • thanks supersonic i'm really disheartened at the moment and just want a decent bike for my money - can't see any real reviews online for the brand but this weekend there offering £17 quid off too so it would be £333

Would this be a good starter platform to u/g to a better fork and hydraulics in the future?
  • ooops never mind its discontinued !!!
  • supersonic
    The hydro discs are good enough - witha fork upgrade to say a Reba this bike will be as good as many that cost 1000 quid. Good mid range bike, never mind a starter!

Edit: ah well!
  • Well my search is over just got a rockrider 8.1 in excelent condition still warrantied for £300 now I need spd shoes
  • supersonic
    Remember warranties are not transferable. Still seems a good buy though!
  • When i say warranty i mean the store guarantee and seen as i have the reciept don't think i'll have any issues.
    This bike is in a different class to the vulcan - the x7 gearing is silk the frame is light and solid and the forks actually work the small drop off that almost hurt my arms on the vulcan is sucked up effortlessly Well made up :D

Incidentally Does anyone else think it strange that most shops don't record serial no's of the bikes?