Foot pain

Fatlad71
Fatlad71 Posts: 15
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
I am still new to road bikes after buying my Focus Kayo in October. It is taking me a time to get the bike set ip properly although it is getting better all the time. I am suffering a little pain the outside of my right foot after a couple of miles. The pain is along the outside edge of my sole. I only get the pain when clipped in on this bike so something is not quite right. Any ideas on the cause ?

Comments

• andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    I had big problems with this:
    check foot position in cleats, it may not be allowing a natural foot angle. sit on a high chair,table,wall and let your feet dangle, look at the positions and try to match that on the bike.

try orthotic insoles, I use the specialized bg red ones for my flat feet.

the biggest difference for me though was changing my cadence. i was pedalling relatively slow and putting a lot of pressure through my feet, it felt like my left foot was breaking. i changed my gearing front and back, bought a cadence monitor and found that pushing hard under 50 rpm brings on the pain, going over 60 stops it completly.

this may not work for you. but it is a cheap test.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Could be your shoes are too tight or not tight enough. But I'd suggest bad cleat position is the cause.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!