That's torn it

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited December 2012 in Commuting chat
After a day of utterly lame (lamer) cycling performance and really tired all day I've just discover what looks like the start of a groin hernia, this is not the news I wanted leading up to me Amstel gold race.

ouch!
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,056
    edited March 2012
    I had one of those last year - probably brought on by cycling in my case and kept me off the bike for quite a while. If it is what you think and you want my tuppence worth, PM me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • itboffin wrote:
    After a day of utterly lame (lamer) cycling performance and really tired all day I've just discover what looks like the start of a groin hernia, this is not the news I wanted leading up to me Amstel gold race.

ouch!

Old man! You need a truss!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

ouch!

Old man! You need a truss!

Why don't you shut the fuck up and come and rub my ball sack!

where's the mods now eh eh .... <if only the smilies worked>
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    itboffin wrote:
    y I've just discover what looks like the start of a groin hernia,

that may be your penis . . .

Do they grow back?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Take a week off the bike and have a good rest.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    :shock: Not a good week for you. I'd pack up now, we don't want you keeling over on a Col.

To cheer you up, 5 days off the bike in NYC, coupled with beers and junk and my weight has risen by 6lbs. Got so more work to do to shift it down again
  • itboffin
    aye i've lost 3-4 lbs but over the last 24 hours this is now so bad i cant sit upright without pain :( :? :x :cry: :evil: :cry: :? :cry:

smilies are back
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Sympathy bud - get yourself to the medic
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Bummer :(

Get it treated ASAP or the euro tour won't be happening.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,056
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Get it treated ASAP or the euro tour won't be happening.
    What he said.

Unfortunately surgery is the only option for a hernia.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    itboffin wrote:
    i cant sit upright without pain

I thought that was the point?

Get Frau Schlingbender to loosen the tethers a little if you can't take it, noob.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • itboffin
    By pure chance I've discovered alcohol eases the pain, excellent!!!
  • itboffin
    Not wanting to miss out on the recent spat of crashes and injuries, I've had a niggling knee pain for about a month now which I attributed to poor cleat set up that knee pain has made its way to my neck now, then it occurred to me that it's been months since I last followed a routine of stretching post workout, sure enough I can barely touch my toes ATM.