Archbishop of Canterbury standing down

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
The Archbishop of Canterbury is standing down at the end of the year, just been on the news. What a shame, he's done such a sh1t-hot job hasn't he, I don't know how the hell they're gonna find someone as good to fill his shoes really. Well, they won't. I dunno, its quite hard to take in. Its just not going to be the same without him really :( gutted.

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    i've got a hamster with more go in him....and he's been dead 5 years. Farewell fungus face.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    It's a bit like the captain of the English Subbuteo team standing down. Few people care and even fewer could have named him anyway.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    I think he has done a really good job given the issues the CofE has had to face throughout his tenure. Probably never really in his comfort zone in the media spotlight, he always comes across as an academic sort, with great intellect, who did really well at walking the tightrope between the liberals and the fundamentalists, examples being same-sex marriage and women bishops.

I wish him all the best as an Oxford don (probably his natural habitat tbh). Doubt he's on line at the moment though, especially since "Bottom Bracket" is still locked.