Where is the best place in the world to be a roadie?

2»

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    I'm lucky enough to spend around a third of the year in southwest France (the departement of the Lot) and this is perfect riding country for me. Very little traffic, on some rides I can go for 30 minutes or so and not see a car. Road surfaces quite acceptable, not plush but far better than the UK. Generally polite driving. Beautiful countryside up on the limestone Parc Causses du Quercy. Lots of valleys and therefore lots of climbs, and usually plenty of sun to get a good sweat up. Back there again in 2 weeks. :D
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Dabber wrote:
    I'm lucky enough to spend around a third of the year in southwest France (the departement of the Lot) and this is perfect riding country for me. Very little traffic, on some rides I can go for 30 minutes or so and not see a car. Road surfaces quite acceptable, not plush but far better than the UK. Generally polite driving. Beautiful countryside up on the limestone Parc Causses du Quercy. Lots of valleys and therefore lots of climbs, and usually plenty of sun to get a good sweat up. Back there again in 2 weeks. :D

That does sound really nice....