Forest of Dean Downhill

thejerv
thejerv Posts: 90
edited March 2012 in MTB general
I'm off to the F.O.D. tomorrow to ride the downhill tracks. I have never been before and just wanted to know what people's faveourite runs are and if there are any which are pants? Hopefully the push-ups not too brutal and the weather holds out.
Lee

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Push up is easy, the middle section of corskrew is good for jumping, But my favourite is hammering down flatland to where it hits the fire track then cruising 50 yards down it and dropping into the lower section of ski jump :) lots more rocks and roots and i loves it :)
  • There's a high level track (un-named) that leads to the start if the Corkscrew. And when you finish that, there's a rooty drop on the left (part of the Freeminer Trail) followed by a short climb then onto a quick downhill section - where I bail out and head back towards the centre. That's my favourite route.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,658
    FoD was the first even bit of DH I did so from a newbie's point of view, Sheepskull and Corkscrew were good starters for 10 and Flatlands was OK. Ski run I struggled with a bit but I reckon would be OK now i've done a bit more. I didn't really do the other DH tracks.

The gnarl-hounds will shoot me for saying this, but the lastsection of Verderers is accessible from the top of the DH track and is a good fun fast blast (but not at all techy).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thejerv
    thejerv Posts: 90
    Cheers guys